Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FINDS POUCHES

Okay, so I first posted this in the views forum with basically no response. It got lost in the political arena lol.
My original question is, what finds pouch do you use ie Garretts or other brand and what mods have you had to do for it to be functional. I want one that doesn't require a belt be worn and that can be strapped around my waist.

Thanks

Use your search engine and type in fanny pack. they all have a strap that goes around your waist. you don't need those big fancy ones. I saw one on there with three zippered compartments and a cell phone pocket for $8.95. That's all you need. Your detector batteries in one pocket, your pinpointer batteries in another pocket, and your finds in the main compartment. If you want something fancier, for $10.00 to $35.00 there is a big choice. I have been using one for three years, and I always have my spare batteries in there so I am never caught without when I am a long way from my car or it's early or late and the stores arn't open.

First off if you want a cheap simple pouch go to home depot and buy a nail apron.
For a long time I used the heavy cordora pouch sold by Tesoro.
Having trouble finding one of them I bought the Pouch sold by Jimmy seirra. This is another heavy duty pouch with three pockets and slots for your screwdriver/probe to be stuck into. I paid $16 plus shipping.
And it is capable of being hung by a standard military type web belt.

I paid about 15 for a leather Carpenters pouch and it works great.

I did that for many years and they worked great, my complaint though was I had to replace them every two or three years...... just plain wore them out. I now have the SunRay pouch and it will outlive me and probably my kids too...... :biggrin: A quality made pouch.

[attachment 195671 pouch.jpg]

That looks like a heavy duty finds pouch! Do you find it gets in the way of swinging your detector?

Nope, I'm right handed and the pouch is on the left. You can order the pouch for either right or left hand use. Here is a better picture: http://www.sunraydetector.com/sun_ray_deluxe_%20treasure_%20pouch_page.htm

I ordered from kellyco who were very friendly and helpful! Thanks Kellyco!:hot: and thanks to all who posted. I found it very helpful!

You might find the Velcro a little hard to open for the two little compartments for the goodies and there are a couple of fixes for that. The bottom one I leave alone and carry extra batteries and my loupe in. The top one, in goes my good finds, and I tuck the flap inside the pouch so I don't have to mess with the Velcro each time. Some people will cover up most of the Velcro leaving a small patch that still hooks but it is not so hard to open. There is a lot more Velco there than is really needed IMHO.

So maybe if I remove the large velcro strip and put a small strip, this will prevent the annoyance of the whole strip sticking each time? I'll have to get my gf to look at it once it arrives.

Naw, I wouldn't go to that much trouble. Try tucking the flap in first, I bet you will be happy with that. Others have bought Velcro for a buck and pressed the loop side onto the hook side with out taking the tape off of the sticky, leaving about a half inch of the original Velcro to hold the flap down. I haven't tried that but I have heard that it works good. You might even like it the way it is, you just have to tug on it a little harder is all.

Hey Larry i also use the SunRay pouch, it is sure one very well built leather pouch that holds my probe and coin popper and the lesche as well and i keep extra batteries in the bottom velcro pouch as well.I see your in the Peoria area not to far from me im in Galeburg.This pouh will last for years yes more costly then others but heavy leather is wiorth it....Markmac

We will have to get together sometime, we get to Galesburg a few times a year and camp out at the lake. We have had our club hunt the last couple of years there too.

Larry i live right down the road from the campground maybe two blocks from there and i hunt the park all the time.I did 90 percent of my hunting last year at the park.It would be a pleasure to hunt with you or any of the group if your over this way.....Markmac

You might consider joining our club Mark, we are having a big three day hunt this coming weekend and you are welcome to join us, disregard the seminar part but the rest is about the club hunt and where. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,1438291

Our club forum is at the bottom of the list of forums. PATH.

I like mine around my neck got it at home depot
The ones around waist slip down drive me nuts pulling up all the time

Bought a McGuires-Nichols canvas 3 pocket carpenters pouch a couple years ago. It's held up nicely. Holds a ProPointer, popping tool, junk, finds, and has a loop to hold the Lesche(open blade - watch your local laws). Ten bucks at Mennard's and comes attatched to a web belt. Last time I was in Mennard's, they still had that style. Still ten bucks.:)

Anything will be a step up from putting garbage and and finds in my jean pockets! I will give the garretts a try and see how that works. My only issue will Kellyco is the high shipping charge. $35 shipping! Wowsers! I ordered lots of other stuff to make it worth my while.

All the best to everyone in 2011!

Oh ya, we have no bylaws in my town for metal detecting. All the more reason that I keep my holes small and unnoticeable!

sunray all the way! i removed a pvc probe holder and added my garrett pro pointer. best ive ever had and seen.

I have sunray pouch and I removed the outer pvc tube and riveted a piece of 1 1/2" pvc tube in its place to hold my pro pointer,works great.