Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finds this week with my new D2 10" coil.

KyleTheHunter

Went to my grandmothers down in new jersey this weekend with my new 10" D2 and i found almost $10 in change. I hunted from 6 am Friday morning to Monday, with breaks and sleeping of coarse. My hands were pretty sore after that. I really like this coil. The property was the very first one built in the development and it was in the mid 50's. I found 2 wheaties in my grandmas yard, a toy jet, a button which was probably my grandmothers, and bunch of change, nothing major at the park besides change and some fake/cheap jewelery. The trash at the park was insane though, so many beer/soda cans that would give me $1 signals and i dug up a lot of those because i would kick myself if i left it and it turned out to be a good target. People kept staring at me but i really didn't mind. I found $4.04 at my grandmas and $5.18 at the park down the road. Total of $9.22. Unfortunately no silver, but one day i will find some. Sorry for the small pictures but findmall has a limit of 420 KB and i had to resize them to fit.

You are doing it right if your digging nickels.

One thing I have noticed about the D2, because it has a very narrow signal, you can swing it very slowly compared to concentric coils. The narrower signal means it "passes over" a given target so much quicker that a slower swing is required to "keep the target in the signal" the same ammount of time as the concentric's. If you were to swing it just as fast as your used to swinging a concentric coil, it would be similar to a really fast swing with the concentric which nulls some signals when they are a bit close together or deep. I figured out that you can work a signal right next to trash, say 1 inch apart, and just give the coil a small wiggle barely outside the trash signal and pick up the good target. This is an advantage lacking with concentric coils and should be implemented if you own the D2. One of the early wheat cents I found with the D2 after cleaning out my lawn with a conentric coil previously, I found a foil/tab signal that I would normally leave but as I slowly worked the D2 all around the signal I noticed there was a faint high tone right.....RIGHT next to the foil signal. I always give the trash/iffy signals the benefit of the doubt, like you, assuming if I dont dig I may regret it. The D2 can sniff out some difficult signals.

[size=large]you're just removing the top layer of clad and junk. think like that and keep re-trying your previous hunts and more oldies will show.

HH[/size]

widebody said:
[size=large]you're just removing the top layer of clad and junk. think like that and keep re-trying your previous hunts and more oldies will show.

HH[/size]

Yep, those shallow targets train you to listen for loud signals. They kind of un-train you to find the good stuff. Once you get a given spot cleaned out, so to speak, then you can try to get the good stuff. It amazes me how many times you can "clean out" a spot, thats a figure of speech used way too liberally. My lawn used to give only new clad, now I can work it super slow and dig weak signals without the constant blair of surface zincolns and pull-tabs, ect. The targets are there, they are just buried under trash that most hobbiest pass by.