Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fine tuning and troubleshooting

brianfloyd

Need help/ suggestions
I don't understand or know how to over come this. I get the detector and place objects in the floor; coins, rings, nails, iron,pull tops etc and everything is fine. Detector is smooth no chirpy sounds it grunts on iron separates items well and I feel like great I got it figured out. I go through tones and seem to always like 2 f ( i hear iron but weak) and I get to the park with the same settings I have in the house and boom I start getting overwhelmed with sounds, chirpy not from EMI but ground sounds and almost everything is coming up 20 and 50 on vdi and showing shallow nothing ever seems deep. So I end up always going to 3 tones and listening for just coins. I know there are old relics at this park cause I have found several before. I just get there and get overwhelmed and lose confidence because of the noises. In my house where there is EMI and nails under the carpet I don't have any problems. This is what confuses me. Could it be a ground balance/ mineral thing. I always auto grab and the fe bar seems normal. I have targets in the yard some masked w iron some with nails some deep some shallow. I know you all talk about how deep the 75 is but mine will barely make a sound on a buried quarter at 11 in. And the only reason it makes a sound is because I know exactly where it is. Doesn't matter all metal, 99 sens disc at o 1 tone and any other maxed out setting. It does not matter and this was with pre upgrade and upgrade. Any way just like any suggestions that might get me over the confidence hump. I'm not new at detecting and don't expect a pot of gold but I would like to get over this
Do you guys auto grab and then add a couple of take away a couple of numbers when ground balancing? I wonder if this might help

minerlized soil can make your 75 run noisy also sounds like the park has alot of trash i would lower your sense low around 40 and try that at the park i ground grab for ground balance and leave it there if you cant find a clean patch of soil its not that big of deal just leave it alone, also i live in northern cal and our soil is really bad i only get 7 to 8 inches on coins here so im not surprised you cant get a 11 inch coin gl hh

Try using a smaller coil, and setting the sensitivity low, start at 20 and work your way up. It's still plenty deep at 20 and if there's that much junk in your park, sizzle mode won't help anyhow. I also live in Northern Cal and generally I find that the GB after doing a balance is between the 60s to 70s. I have hunted some areas in NorCal where the FE meter is pegged out, and it was super noisy, with lots of falsing. Also to rule out EMI, before you GB, hold your coil a few feet up off the ground and let it sit there for 20 seconds, select the channel that's the most quite, scan through them all with the coil in the air for 20 seconds each, and then after finding the cleanest one, do a ground balance.

HH,
Brian

There are a couple places I hunt where it is hard to find "clean" ground to ground balance. Can and foil chip bag slaw and trash everywhere near the parking area. Do a factory reset and then search around until you find a clear spot, and then do a FastGrab. I never do a manual change after I FastGrab.

Alternatively, go into All Metal and do a manual balance in a clear spot.

As Cal Cobra said - turn the sensitivity down. Get into default process (boost will make it worse).

If the unit says "Can't G B" move elsewhere and try another frequency. Be sure you'ye pumping the coil straight up and down 1" to 6" above the soil while pushing the trigger. If you use DISCR 0 you can hear it.

If your issue is ground noise, Another trick is to up your Auto Ground Balance Setting by two notches.
If you auto ground balance in Descrimination mode go to all metal mode and scroll down to the manual ground balance setting. Turn the nob to raise the GB setting 2 digits higher.
Then go back to Descrimination mode.
This will usually prevent noise from small changes in soil composition fluctuations as you move about.

Also be aware that junk metal in the soil under the coil at the same time you have a coin under the coil will down average your ID numbers. That is why a small coil can help you in getting truer ID numbers by shrinking the coil foot print.

Maybe share your settings and version with us for better understanding of what you are doing.