Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

first 12 hours with the V3I finds 5 Rings and

Rob in (Ca)

With the Rising price of Gold, My Hunting style change to all Jewelry hunting two years ago. My new V3I just got it's first 12 Hours of hunting time

My results are 5 Gold Rings, (4 rings only pictured daughter took the 5th one :rofl: ) 4 Charms, 3 Necklaces (The V3I is a necklaces Hound )

A Baggy of Clad, one 1939 Silver Dime, (not even looking for old coins) and 1 Silver Bullet, yes Silver Bullet

I must have the Lone Ranger or Werewolf hunters at my Parks.

I have 2 small issue's with the V3I and would like see if anyone could help

1. The rear arm rest with the strap (wobbles) yes I got the set screw tight, I even added a small lock washer and still wobble - wobble while hunting, My DFX never did that ?? kinda of driving me nuts

2. (some times) while pin - pointing the audio will go Blank on the WL Headphones ?? I have new Energizers and the headphones power level is at max??

love my V3I, it's a jewelry Hunters dream machine

Rob

Rob[attachment 195825 IMG_0163.jpg][attachment 195826 IMG_0164.jpg][attachment 195827 IMG_0165.jpg][attachment 195828 IMG_0166.jpg]

The lose cuff is not just on the V. Either put a piece of black foam under the rod or wrap the rod with black tape before you put on the cuff. You won't have to tighten the bolt that much to be rock solid. Some time there is the slightest play in the rod connector near the pod. Make a shim from a piece of aluminum can. Again the setup will feel like it is one piece.

There are 2 posts on this page about the pin pointing issue.

Thanks Rob will give the tape trick a try......Rob

I took the cuff off and squeezed the cuff together a little bit so it fits tight around the rod, reinstall and no wiggle.

What a success story, you found more gold rings in 12 hours than I found all of last year. A change in hunting habits is something I have wanted to do for several years but I just can't get the trigger pulled on digging a lot of trash. I'm still stuck in the old coin mode. I think as a whole, the metal detecting hobby will eventually turn to more jewelry hunting than old coin hunting, just from supply and demand. There is no more old coins being lost and the places to find them has been dwindling, especially public hunting grounds. Jewelry seems to be a renewable resource and getting quite profitable with gold over $1500 an ounce.

It's mind boggling on how the V3I is so sensitive to very small metal, I can find a BB size piece of tin foil at 6+ inches.

maybe that explains why after all the years of detecting, All of a sudden I'M finding necklaces ??

jewelry hunting is a little more slower, and you must dig more trash, Most Baseball fields and soccer fields are not all that trashy

Unlike other area's of a park, which will drive a person nuts with so much trash

The down side of hunting sports fields is, one must hunt off hours, as weekends and Early eve's, the sports fields are full of people dropping there jewelry :heh:

actually it was 15 hours of hunt time as I spent 3 hours at first dialing in the V3.

just need to find more time to hunt.

Wow...those are spectacular finds of gold jewelry. Congratulations. If I send you my coil, will you rub it for gold luck? :please:
J.R.

had the same problem with mine 2 rubber washers between the cuff & rod used sink washers problem solved...Ozark

It Rained on our Easter Day :confused: But today was a Post card day so between honey Do's , went out for only a 1 1/2 hunt, which yielded just clad a a small stud ear Ring ......Man that V is supper sensitive on small metal..... The wobble is now gone...... Thanks all on the tips.

Playing around on the pinpointing issue, I had my All Metal sensitivity up Pretty High .....so I lowered it to stock levels, and I did not blank out once in the 1 1/2 Hunt

HH Rob