Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Barber and More

Atlas

Went back to a sidewalk demo I've been working. First good coin was an '07 Barber dime! Not very deep only about 2-3 inches and gave a 12-44 in high trash TTF. Worked along and found an '06 Indian and two Buffalo's (one is a '14S). Things slowed down a bit but finished off with a '08 V nickel and '39 Golden Gate Exposition medal. Almost forgot 8 wheat's too

Nothing seems to be very deep in this area but it is trashy and highly mineralized so I've been using Hi Trash with TTF tones to locate the high conductors and then checking in Ground-Coin with combine tones. I'm finding with High Trash and TTF you can pull those high conductor signals out of the trash pretty good. I'm also using smooth which also helps bring the good signals out. I then check with Ground-Coin and Combine tones.

I can't remember digging so many old coins on one hunt. One of the Buffalo's was on edge and the CTX found it granted with a choppy iffy signal but it gave enough of an indication for me to dig. I was using the 11" coil because I wanted to get the ground covered. Picture below doesn't show all the details but the coins are in pretty rough dug shape.

HH

Those are very good finds. I would love a hunt like that. My first Barber dime was some years ago. Maybe 7-8 years? I know it was a 1907 just like yours and was found where they had ripped up the sidewalks just like where you found yours. I was using the first metal detector I ever got which was given to me. It was a very cheap one that sounded off on every piece of metal it went over, I did a lot of digging but considering the ground I covered, it wasn't very trashy at all.