Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Civil War Finds!

61chip

Went out with my hunting buddy on 2/8. He took me to a skirmish site in Mo. that has been hunted hard, but he said he still makes occasional finds. I found my first CW relic -- a fired round ball. I believe it is .50 cal. One side slightly flattened. Also dug possible bridal/harness rings, what we believe is a copper accordion reed, and what looks like the end of some kind of wrench (don't think it is CW relic). The coin like object is a Missouri 1 mil Sales Tax token -- probably dated between 1935 & 1939 that I also dug on the site.

I know the finds are nothing great, but its been a dream of mine since I started reading history on the "War of Northern Aggression" (as my Grand Dad called it) when I was about 8 yrs old. This is the reason I wanted to Metal detect.

If anyone could verify if they think the rings are bridal or harness, please advise. Also if anybody has an idea of the wrench like object. Thanks for looking & HH

Congrats on your first CW finds. CCH

Congrats on the first of many! Can you see which note that squeeze box reed was for? Sometimes they say the musical note on them.

Where in MO are located? I am in the middle part of the state. Lots of good relics to hunt in our state.

Congratulations on your "firsts" something tells me you are just getting warmed up......:biggrin:

Thanks to all for your comments. Bryan, I don't believe that there were any markings on the accordion reed, but I will look over again when I get home from the road. I found another one Sat. at an old home over in Kansas. I live in the west central part of Mo., but I travel the whole state, as well as E Neb., SW Iowa, and get into Ok. and Ark from time to time in my work in farm equipment finance

Congratulations and all finds are great ones.