Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First coin after reading Andy's book

Rick73

I received Andy's book last week and have been looking forward to experimenting with some of the ideas in the book. I had the patterns already loaded from page 135 which are very similar to Andy's popular program for the Etrac. I did not have the #2 pattern set up but copied it from the book. I have always thought I should run Ferrous-Coin and that is where I have ran it for the last 3 years. My sensitivity runs about 23 and I run auto +2. I switched to Low-Trash, fast off and deep on. I went to a spot I have hit very hard over the last 4 years. I had searched there for almost 25 years prior to that with no luck. It had been grided in the early eighties by a couple of guys with Deepseekers and cleaned out. They had found about 75 coins then. I bought an Etrac in 2012 and found about a dozen coins. It is an old church yard surrounded by cornfields. The church was removed in 1923. It is still mowed a couple times a year because there is an old fenced in cemetery behind it. I had not found 1 coin with my CTX on this property. I just figured I cleaned it out with the Etrac. I went to a spot that almost all the coins had been found. It is a very small area close to the fence by the cornfield. After about 10 minutes a received a signal that I probably would not have normally dug but I was trying a new program. Ferrous jumped only from 1 through 4 and conductive from about 33 to 46. The round icon was there but jumped around with no color in it. A very week signal but consistent. I dug down and at a full 9" pulled this 1892 Barber dime. Now I cannot say I might not have heard this before but was just curious because of the new program. I searched for another half hour but the heat and mosquitoes drove me away. I would have to say this book gives you some ideas where you normally get set in your ways and think the coins are all gone.

Great to hear about, Rick...

That's a beautiful dime!
Hope it's the first of many more...

hh,
mike

Rick

Great find and nice report . . . . glad to hear that the book provided you with some food for thought that caused you to try something a bit different and gave you the result it did. :clapping:

It shows that as they say, the sites that are considered worked out are the ones that tend to produce the best finds for those willing to put in the effort and tweak their detectors for the area.

The one thing to remember when running HIGH or LOW TRASH is that larger silver will get thrown to the top right section of the screen unlike FE-COIN and GND-COIN. Be careful you do not have that area rejected or ignore signals that hit there.

Another point that you raised is that the dot so to speak will not build and get darker on deep targets . . . . past about 6-7 inches in TT, you lose the color effect. Going to TT PINPOINT adds about 2 inches of depth at which you get information so if you get a deep signal and are not getting the color trace, switch to Pinpoint (as long as you have TT PINPOINT on which you should) and re-sweep the area . . . you should get some additional information that can help you assess the signal. Make sure you are in SIZING Pinpoint so that the signal sis not eliminated after a few passes using the NORMAL Pinpoint option . . . have seen people walk away from good, deep targets when the signal fades and they dismiss it as being a ghost signal.

Keep us updated on what else you are able to pull from the site . . . .

Andy & Charlene Sabsich