Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Coin hunt of the season.........:detecting:

Bill Ladd

The ground is finally diggable here in New England after a long winter. Just back from "Diggin in Virgina XVII" for Civil War relics, & I'll have to post those finds as soon as I clean 'em up & get unpacked. Used 1270, F75, & had a blast & saw lots of old friends........

Before I left I wanted to get into the swing of things with the detector again, & took out the F75 LTD to an old abandoned park that we have found some older coins in the past. It's on the way home from work & a fun place to coinshoot for a few hours before dark. We filmed a half hour episode there that appears in the new DVD. Anyhow, place has been pounded since the early 70's, but with patience & a good detector in the iron you can still pop an indian head occationally. That's really all I was hoping for but I did even better. Not bad for a few hours after work. I gut my first silver coin of 2011, an 1887 seated dime, that was cool as this park usually gives up only barber's & mercs. 3 nice indian heads, & an even bigger surprise an 1801 large cent.
We plan on going back with the T2 next time as I feel I'm even better in the iron with that unit due to the 40 point expanded iron range.....
I bet I can "chirp" a few more coins out of the nails using the 2-tone 21 disc setting on the T2 with high sensitivity....
Thanks for looking,
Bill
(PS. If I don't answer your PM's in a timely manner that means I have just not checked findmall in awhile. I'm not ignoring folks, just that I rarely post anymore since I'm no longer a moderator or whatever......& there's no app for my I-phone) :)

This post couldn't have come at a better time. I took delivery of my new F-75 LTD today and this thread is a sure-fire confidence builder in my new detector. And congrats on some great coin finds! Love your videos too.

Hope all is well.and looking forward to reading some more posts.

Those are some great coins Bill...congrats!

Always loved the coverage the DD stock cools offer. Especially after using the heavy old fisher 8" spyders.
I have the small DD coil & will have to try that next. We are going back this weekend to pound that spot from dawn to dusk & film. Will let ya know how it goes....
HH
Bill

I was wondering what happened to your POSTING SKILLS & VIDEOS!! How's your Black Lab Huntin Partner? HOPE EVERYTHING is FINE!!
HH, Les Robinson

Congrats on the seated Bill!!! Great to see you posting again, look forward to seeing some upcoming videos!

Dave

WTG
HH.......Dan