Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First coin of 2015 was a two center, today found a 3 center.

Chris(SoCenWI)

I was driving through town and saw some side walk construction, decided I better get out the detector. After about 10 minutes of detecting I got a hit that registered a little lower than an IH (that is Minelab XS speak) and didn't think it would amount to anything. It took me a little while to find a tiny disc with my pinpointer. At first I thought it was aluminum play money, as it was fairly dark and tarnished, but eventually made out the star and crescent and realized I had a silver three cent piece, my second ever. The first one I found was also an 1852, but that one is considerably more worn. The first one was found in a coin spill of two large cents, two fat IHs, 1846 dime, and the three cent piece. That doesn't happen every day.

Continued hunting and got a barber, merc, buffalo, and IH.

[attachment 312387 March152015003.JPG]

Here is the two center and three center together. I haven't been out detecting much this year but i'ts nice to find the odd ball denominations.

[attachment 312388 March152015004.JPG]

[attachment 312393 March152015006.JPG]

Chris(SoCenWI)

Excellent finds and wonderful condition. Your ground is kinder then ours down here. I got a 1867 2 center a week ago and it is toast. Good observation on the tear out. HH jim tn

Well done on that tearout.:clapping:..being in 'the right place, at the right time, with the right gear, and in the right mind' are keys to success like you had in this sport! Congratulations!
Mud

Around my area there is the concrete ( sidewalk) , a 10 to twelve inch layer of sand for their level purpose underneath, and nothing has been in that layer at all..

I did several miles of hunts last year.. Not one coin.. Are your walks the old slate type that had the ground dug out and then laid on the ground ?.

Elton,

Sometimes the slabs are right on the top soil; these are generally the best; other places in the old days they put down a layer coal cinder slag that is highly mineralized and makes for difficult hunting. Generally now when they replace the sidewalks they dig deep and put down a pretty thick layer of class 5, Hopefully can hit the site before they do this but they work fast.

Chris

Wow ... killer finds - congrats !