Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Day Of Spring

banditicey

Well We Went Out In Spite Of Still Having Snow On The Ground

But Not Every Where So We Were Game and the Temperature Was In The 40's Fahrenheit

We Decided to Go To A Public Park Which Has Been Kind To Us In The Past But Did Not Really Expect To Much

Boy Were We Surprised! Within An Hour And A Half I Found Three Silver Dimes, A Barber And Two Mercs and After I Told Brian What I Had Found He Found A Rosey And A Merc.

We Also Found Eight Wheat's Between Us And I Found The Top Of A Silver Plated Small Victorian Compact.

In Our Opinion A Great Start For 2015 And For The First Day Of Spring :twodetecting:

Thank You For Viewing

But do you still have by custom baby??? I'm sorry to have been a stranger but I lost my only son of 43 ...Same as my wife Terry, the silent killer...Pulmonary Embolism. He has been living with me for the past 7 years and was my best and only friend. I said good night at 10:30 pm and couldn't wake him at 9 am. Life and death in strange ways. I don't have many shoulders left to cry on....Always, Herb

Wow! What a great way to start off the season!

Looks like the ground frost heave was kind to you.....

What a nice way to start off. Even better nice to see you posting Eva looking for more!

That is a great start targets do move around do to the frost it is always wise to check areas that you have done well in the past every year .
Nice coins sube

We went back the next day for about an hour and darn Brian was going over my area and he found the 1935 Washington and another Merc and 4 Wheat's and I found a Wheat.

What I wanted to share was two things, one was the Washington was cleaned but it had a film on it that some of the Silver coins did when we find them in this Park so that they do not look Silver when found and it takes great effort to get some Silver sheen out of it.

And I have had real issues finding gloves that are warm and water resistant and I was using poor judgement this time out and choose some gloves that did niether so my hands froze and my body was warm and I became very dizzy and nauseous which was predictable when your extremities are cold and your trunk is warm so I barely made it back to the car :nopity: and we had to leave. Live and Learn.

Great hunt and I hear you about the strange hypothermia dynamic...when a persons hands freeze, when they thaw, it hurts clear up to the elbows! I try to use those little chemical handwarmers poked into the palm of a pair of oversized gloves...every once in a while a person sort of cups it with their fingers to keep the freeze from setting in, of course many times a person just goes and hunts and freezes....I hear you though, trying to prevent or come out of any semi hypothermic state is a strange feeling, and a tough balance to achieve..Humans are really delicate when it comes to cold, and its easy to get sidetracked during a hunt to not notice or ignore the signs....great to see you are out finding!..:clapping:.
Mud

ps: Herb, I am so sorry for your loss!.....dont choke this down alone if we can be a shoulder to you, none stronger than Eva's, but still, the rest of us are here for you Brother...theres just somethings in Life that are beyond lifting alone, and buddy, you have a heavy one here..thanks for letting us know and not bearing this weight in silence...

Great finds Eva! Thanks for the pictures. Glad to see you thawed out!

NebTrac

Really nice finds! But, what is this "first day of Spring" stuff? We had winter a few months ago.....I think it was on a Thursday. My air conditioner is running right now and it is forecast to be 82 F. tomorrow. Needless, to say there will be some swinging going on, just hope to have a little of your luck in the process! Odd you mention the silver not looking like silver when you dig it up. Maybe it is the chemicals in the dirt around your area?........do they salt the roads? In the sandy areas north of here, the silver comes out clean and often the copper does, as well. Have found some large cents and wheaties that rinsed off clean. The zincolns are usually corroded beyond recognition.

Due to physical issues, tomorrow will be my first time out in over two months........I'll let ya'll know if anything good comes up!!

Roland You Live In Texas And We Live In WNY, It Was 24 Degrees Fahrenheit Today!

Official Spring Was The Day I Posted And It Was Still Very Cold That Day And The Ground Was Partially Frozen

Our Winter This Year Has Been The Longest And Coldest Ever And We have Had The Most Snow Ever Since
They Have Started Measuring Both The Temperature And The Snow Amounts!

As For How The Coins Come Out Of The Ground, Usually In Our Area The Silvers Come Out Beautiful But In This Particular Park Many Of The Silvers Comes Out With Some Sort Of Chemical Film On Them And Today We Actually Went Out For A Few Hours And I Found A 1941 Walker That I Worked On For Quite Awhile But Only Polishing It With Silver Polish Brought Out The Beauty :) As For Zincins, They Always Come Out Destroyed Wherever You Are!

I Recently Spoke With Folks In Texas And They Asked Me To Ship Them Some Snow, So Roland If You Really Want Some Snow Just Let Me Know

HH

Herb If You Are Reading This Please Contact Me I Have Been Leaving You PM's With No Responses And I Really Really Want To Hear From You, I Miss You

It Was 71 Degrees Fahrenheit Today And No We Did Not Go Detecting :surprised:

But We Did Go A Few Days Ago When It Was 50 Degrees A Few Hours After Work And It Did Not Get Dark Until 8:00 PM

Brian Found The 1907 Barber Dime And The 1930 Canadian Penny Which He Thought Was An Indian Penny

I Found The 1944 Mercury Dime And I Included His 1941 Washington Which He Found A Few Days After I Found The 1941 Walker

The Recent Coins Were Also Found At A Local Park But Not The Park Which Had Silver Come Out With That Strange Film On It

The Coloring On The Quarter Was Due To There Being Two Wheat Pennies Found On Top Of It

Happy Holidays and HH

You just keep coming with the good finds. I went up to a fairly new local park about a mile from my house the other day and got a 1921 Morgan dollar in AU condition. It was about 2-3 inches down in the wood chips. I figure it fell out of some guys belt buckle, bolo tie, or some kid pilfered dad's collection and lost it. One thing for sure, it hadn't been there long, it banged in with a solid 12-45, loud and clear with no need to pinpoint. I really thought I had a 50 cent piece or the lid to a can, but, much to my surprise. I figure it is worth about $40, so, not bad for a 45 minute hunt......I just hit the tot lot.

I finally got a couple of pics that look half decent. I lost all the programs and everything on my computer a month or so ago and had to start over........including the OS! I still haven't loaded any of my photo programs, so, what you see is right out of the camera, no cropping or lighting adjustments. This is the best I could do for now. The pics came out at the end of this post.....I couldn't figure out how to get them in the body of the email, but, I guess this is better than nothing. It will give me incentive to load my photo programs!!

OUTSTANDING:clapping:

The Dream Of The Wish List

I Know Probably was Brought Mistakenly But A Find Is A Find!

Major Congrats Roland :cheers:

I agree........I'm not complaining. There was almost a few bucks in clad to boot. It had been raining the two days before I went, with very little break in between, so, I know there wasn't much time for this to have been dropped. Plus, it was so shallow in the wood chips. I have put signs up about lost jewelry and such before, leaving my phone number and just asking that someone describe the item in detail, but, I'm afraid this might result in too much of a response......I'm just going to add this one to the collection!!

Thanks, and HH to you, too!!