Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First day out with the Deus

Mountain Mike

Well I finally got away from the house with the Deus. I met up with a buddy who just got his Deus last week. We went to area that has been hammered by other detectorists for a while now. But the site has a lot of iron as there was a blacksmith shop there at one time so it was a good place to try out the Deus. It was truly amazing to pull 22 brass out of the iron. I dug some tiny things at depth and was blown away at the ability of the Deus to hit those things. Anyway here is a run down of the good stuff.. 6 lever pancake lock (circa 1900), 2 flat buttons (both deep), a 1887 IH, and a 1920 walking liberty half dollar.. Not bad for a hunted out site. Sorry for the bad picks but I have not cleaned everything up yet.

In all honesty a toddler with a cheap bounty would have found the walking liberty. It was away from the main site and obviously no one had put a coil over that coin before. It was a super loud 95. It was so loud that we took turns listening to it and doing different iron and trash tests. it passed every test and pinpointed like a coin. Still expected trash though. it was only 2 inches deep. I wish you guys could have seen me our faces when that giant silver coin rolled out of the plug.

Great find! If it read "95" I assume you were hunting in 12 khz - another good way to verify these high VDI hits is to set up an identical 4khz program (with ID Norm off) and see if the readings DECREASE while changing to that 4 kHz program. Bottlecaps will either stay similar, or INCREASE in VDI reading while coins and anything nonferrous will behave oppositely.

The Deus is a machine that will undoubtedly grow on you - after some time you will have confidence digging those iffy targets - and more times than not, you will be rewarded :clapping:

n/t

Nice Digs !

Congrats on those nice finds!

Awesome finds!!!

Thanks again for helping me out with my new machine, I appreciate it!

Ron F.
-----------