Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First day with my sniper coil.:detecting:

knarfj

I recently acquired a 5 inch DD coil to try on a few sites that I hunt quiet often. Each of these sites, although not old, has at least one area with more than its share of trash that I was sure was masking more finds.

So today was the day to give it a go!:clapping: ((It wasn't raining.))

When all was done I was quite impressed on the number of coins and other items that surfaced just by using this smaller coil in these trashed out areas. 43 coins altogether!

Darn ring is gold only in color.:cry:

HH

Hmmm. Good targets there...very gold sounding targets....those ace bandage hooks get my heart going everytime! Nice hunt!:clapping:
Mud

You got out. Our ground is still frozen. I know it feels good to dig in the dirt. I wish I could dig in the dirt. You have a lot of good finds ... KEN , IND.

mudpuppy said:
Hmmm. Good targets there...very gold sounding targets....those ace bandage hooks get my heart going everytime! Nice hunt!:clapping:
Mud
Gold sounding targets, exactly.:bouncy: The coins are always nice to find but small gold and naturally silver is what I was really hoping for. Air testing indicated the coil to sensitive to gold/silver as small as ear studs.:clap:

ken ward said:
You got out. Our ground is still frozen. I know it feels good to dig in the dirt. I wish I could dig in the dirt. You have a lot of good finds ... KEN , IND.
Thanks Ken.:thumbup:
Word has it spring's supposed to be some were around the corner.:rolleyes:

HH

Nice finds with the new coil, have a 5.75 for my Cibola but I have to make myself use it as I feel like it takes forever to cover any ground. Like yours tho it has found lots of coins in amongst the trash at a local park.

digginLa said:
Nice finds with the new coil, have a 5.75 for my Cibola but I have to make myself use it as I feel like it takes forever to cover any ground. Like yours tho it has found lots of coins in amongst the trash at a local park.

Yes I'm sure it will also test my patients at times. But for the most part my intentions are to use the coil in extremely trashy areas and in areas were I would have a higher then average expectation of finding gold jewelry.

HH

Thats what I'm attempting to do with mine so far I can make it about an hr before I have to swap to a different detector and hunt a different spot for just coins.

Nice Finds!!!!

Real nice work. That's hunting smart. Like your link to finds too.

Hey Knarf. Are you finding that you can run any more sensitivity before falsing occurs than with the elliptical coil? What are you seeing for depth in comparison?--Thanks---IB

IBdiggin said:
Hey Knarf. Are you finding that you can run any more sensitivity before falsing occurs than with the elliptical coil? What are you seeing for depth in comparison?--Thanks---IB

Hello IB,

Yes! Shortly after receiving it I ran the 5 inch DD coil with both the sens and thresh full on and no falsing occurred while sweeping on the ground. It did start picking up a little I.E. while of the ground but as soon as I put the coil in motion on the ground it stopped. I have found the stock 10 inch coil isn't that capable.

In my coin garden I noticed no difference in depth of detection between either of the coils.

HH