Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Dive with the Equinox Today

I missed a call from Minelab today. I was kind of underwater and unavailable. Hopefully can reach them Monday.

This is the same issue with the CTX 3030 and Minelab has not done anything to improve the sound level so I had to modify headphones to be loud enough to hear at 20' down... I figured that the Equinox was going to be the same way so I did the same modifications with and I can hear everything with loud and clear at 10' deep as long as I set the pitches on high tones. Low tones are hard to hear during breathing... I use the Gray Ghost Amphibians because of the Piazzo (i think that's what its called) chamber for the speakers. I also wear a hoody when diving but I have holes cut in the ear section...

I have the new yellow waterproof minelab headphones and they are so quiet! You can hardly hear them under water unless its pretty quiet without lots of surroundings noise. I honestly have not gone through manual or the settings yet to see if there is an audio boost or something for these, doubt it.

WaterWalker said:
Not all headphones are made equally. I am no expert but I know of some Gray Ghost headphones that have very low volume. I have the GG Amphibians with an adapter cable for the Equinox and they are very loud I can not stand to turn the controls up. Equinox vol - 20, GG Amphibians about 7, head is above the water, I do not dive. Also the wiring can affect the volume and the state of the speaker (On/Off).

TerryinHawaii said:
Can you tell us how you did the modifications and parts need?[/quote

The modification is really easy. A used Excal lower cut down and the clip removed and re-positioned. That was it.

Thank you sharing your story Scubadetector! I love your hunts, and your posts.
I tried an waterproof hp for nox. I did snorkelig in saltwater, my head was under the surface, didn't dive . It was loud, because they use mylar speakers in headphone. The curved coil not too long, but enough for moving, i strap the wire to rod, defend the connector.
The earcups are little small, if you have big ears this be a problem maybe.

I talked with Jamie at Minelab today. She assured me that they have folks monitoring the forums and my concern will be taken into consideration. I told her that from what I have read, divers have not had much luck with the Minelab yellow phones and that their accessories are not up to par with their units from what I have read. Hopefully Minelab Australia will work on something to help divers out with their issues.

I am hoping a software upgrade will allow the volume to go higher.

I am getting a new pair of headphones tomorrow. Hopefully they will be better. We will see.

lowtide1 said:
Anyone have a timeline for when grey ghosts for equinox's will be available?

I was told July.