Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First find with my "new" Quattro

It's been several years since posting on the forum...still detecting but not as much as in the past!

I picked up a really nice used Minelab Quattro last weekend, meeting the seller at one of the most hunted parks in the region. There have been several group hunts as well as all the regulars who've detected there, but it was a convenient, safe meeting spot.

I chatted with the seller for about a half hour and after testing to make sure it operated properly, paid him and then went out on my own to give it a "test drive". I've read up about the Quattro and its learning curve, etc., but found it an extremely easy detector to operate.

After a few minutes of using it in Coin & Jewelry mode, I switched over from Automatic Sensitivity, setting it at 13, which was the highest level I could get without EMI. A few zinc cents later I was getting a feel for the tones and threshold -Accept/Reject. I hit the roots under a large tree, which had some beaver tail pull-tabs on the surface, an indication that the spot had been detected recently. There was definitely a lot of iron around, but in between the threshold cutting out I got the first good sounding deep target, a solid signal (I think it was a 33?) under the root. I didn't have my Lesche, so had to use my large Predator Relic Pro and dig beneath, but happily found this dateless Indian, all within the first 30 minutes of owning the detector.

You definitely need to work this detector with a slow sweep, but you can still get between the iron with short quick sweeps when you get those little blips.

That afternoon I worked it with automatic sensitivity under the power lines on my property, where I've never been able to use another detector and it was pretty smooth!

I think I'm going to have fun with this one!

Congrats on your new machine and find..i have a Safari,i like the ez use and setup of the Quattro and safari ,,if it's there theyll find it.