Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Finds 2018!!! Frozen Silver!!!

timwied

[attachment 354547 2-3-18sm.jpg]

Got out for a while today, was going to go fishing, but when I got to the pond it had 6 inches of ice, so I went metal detecting instead! The ground was still a little bit frozen, and I had hunted this place about a half dozen times and didn't find anything! Went a little farther west of where I thought the old place was and Bang! I found my first Indian! Sweet! Then 10 feet further, my Fisher F4 popped up a constant 88-93! Dug it up and I was shocked! 1892 O Morgan!!! Went another 5 ft, 1900 Barber Quarter!!! 8 ft away was the 1901 O Barber Dime! Hunted another 2 hours and found the other 2 pennies, don't know if Wheaties or Indians yet. Two things off my bucket list, never found an O mint mark, and had never found a Silver Dollar! Well, "SILVER" Dollar. Found several Clads. It was a good day!!! Even though the ground was frozen!!!

Like Jim tn said..mighty fine ..

Rare these days to good silver like that nice finds!

Thanks, I couldn't believe it when I dug the third silver in 5 minutes! I thought, this is unreal!!!

Wow ... what a killer hunt - congrats ! :clapping:

Sites that produce good finds like that are pretty rare - if it was me I'd ...

I'd go back again as soon as the weather allowed - go out farther in all directions and hunt the site coming in from a few different angles because tree roots, iron, etc. can block good signals - I'd change coils and programs if needed and then I'd keep going back till I left with nothing at all !

Good Luck !

Great finds and love the story.
Took my wife MDing for "what seemed like hours" (actually about 8 minutes) once and she compared it to fishing..."but fishing was more exciting", she said!

LawrencetheMDer said:
Great finds and love the story.
Took my wife MDing for "what seemed like hours" (actually about 8 minutes) once and she compared it to fishing..."but fishing was more exciting", she said!

:rofl:

Wow Super Day. congrats, Very nice old coins. Always fun to see the glint of silver in the hole. After 40 years I always get excited.