Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First finds for the Fall season...........

Dale(Ia)

Well, I finally got out in the fields a couple of times this week. Slim pickings as they drilled the beans in with absolutely NO tilling! (Me & my hunting buddy must have really cleaned 'em last Fall & Spring!)
The small silver coin next to the LC is totally slick but is the same size as a 1/2 Real.........:cry: Can't get any worse than that!
This isn't all the musketballs....I found 3-4 more.Only two decent buttons .......the little flower button is marked " K & Co." ( Kendrick & Co. from 1830's)
The other item is a tiny "Goldstone" stud still with it's spring loaded back on it. It is gold plated.

HH! Dale

Thats ok for starters Dale! I haven't found anything yet in the field i hunted earlier this week...
But I was only there an hour or so before dark and never really had a chance to get going!
Looks like the fertilizer the farmers used doesn't set well with copper!

Congratulations on the finds Dale! I hope to get out for my first fall field hunt tomorrow after church! Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

Ha! You think the LC is bad.........the Real was coal black from the fertilizer (and pitted). The LC was so bad I didn't think I was going to get a date from it............also somebody must have put it in a vice (on edge) twice, Why........I don't know!
Thanks for the nice comment!

Dale

Dale, the LC and the other finds are a lot better then what I found the 2 trips to the field this week. All I found was 3 super crusty IH's and trash, lol. I found one of those silver disk too and I think it's a half dime.

Mark in S.E. IA said:
Dale, the LC and the other finds are a lot better then what I found the 2 trips to the field this week. All I found was 3 super crusty IH's and trash, lol. I found one of those silver disk too and I think it's a half dime.
That's what I thought I had at first, Mark. But it's a little bigger than a half dime...........and smaller than a dime.
I guess if we keep pluggin' at it.........we'll find something!

Good Luck! Dale