Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First finds of the year

tnvarmint

Got out today with my new hunting partner. It was our first outing together. Hunted a local 1940s church and house. Dug a ton of trash and had a lot of iffy signals. Only spent about 2 hours on the property so we were just cherry picking the good targets. I am fairly certain that it hasn't been hunted or if it has they were extremely selective of their targets because like I said there was a ton of signals. We will eventually hit it again with a little more detail.

This was the first finds for me for the year and first silver with the CTX 3030. I have had the machine for just at a year now but haven't done any hunting because of some medical issues. I had gotten out of metal detecting for several years after selling my ETrac when I decided to purchase a CTX 3030 last year. Still getting used to the new setting on the CTX versus the ETrac but so far it isn't a huge adjustment.

Here are the finds. A 1942 Washington Quarter and a very toasted 1943 Wheat (I think).

For those that will pick up on it, I kinda missed something when thinking I had IDed the date on the wheat. A 1943 should have been a steel penny, although there were some coppers mistakenly minted in 1943 I do believe. These are extremely rare and valuable so I highly doubt this is what I have. If my next message comes Tahiti then you will know that I did actually find a 1943 wheat :bouncy:

After a little more cleaning I am fairly certain that the date is a 191? something. In the condition that it is in, I will probably never know with absolute certainty but it's the best I can do.

Nice digs, especially the shinny! Also welcome back to this insane addiction called "metal detecting". LOL You will like the 3030 more and more each time you take her out. After two shoulder surgeries it was my best physical therapy.

Metal detecting allows one to dream for a moment and that is a good thing.
Nothing like a possibility waking ya up. And if it is a dream, there was a moment when it could have been!
And that is one main reason to detect.