Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

first gold 2014

thsfineday

Here in Michigan it has been a terrible winter to do any kind of hunting but when the temp finally broke into the low 30's I decided to hit some woods. This will keep me warm for a few more weeks until spring decides to get here.

Outstanding work! :please: You are making the rest of us here in Michigan look bad!:rofl:
Mud

There is a name on the inside band but when I go to the school listing for that year, they don't show that person anywhere. I have checked their alumni page and their facebook page but still nothing. I even listed it under lost and found on craigslist but still nothing. Where should I try next??

How would going to the school and asking for a yearbook help, say I find him listed, how do I go about finding out where he is now.

Good question. Maybe someone who has found and returned a class ring before can chime in? I've never found a class ring so don't have much experience in doing the returning part. I would try classmates.com as a first resort. Then see if you can contact ANYONE from the class of 1971 (via facebook or alumni page), first ask them if they know the person who's name is on the ring, if not see if they know when the next 1971 reunion is.

Congratulations on a super find! :thumbup:

Nice class ring!

thsfineday said:
There is a name on the inside band but when I go to the school listing for that year, they don't show that person anywhere. I have checked their alumni page and their facebook page but still nothing. I even listed it under lost and found on craigslist but still nothing. Where should I try next??

Very commendable you would try to find the owner !!

I had a very short Chinese woman come up to my pickup passenger window a couple days ago,
patting her mouth.

I said I can't understand you, then went through the intersection and realized she was saying 'hungry'.
I went through the intersection, then hung a U turn and gave her $ 5.00, she started crying.

I had a very important prayer answered that same night that someone w/a serious medical condition
was out of the woods.

I want to find gold and silver....and if possible a remembrance of a descendant, to present to someone.

Good one 'Thsfineday'

Find out who is in charge of class reunions for the class or the school. I returned two class rings so far. One was from the class of 1958 from a defunct H.S. The other was from the class of 1934. It belonged to the gentleman whose yard I was detecting. He thought he had lost it elsewhere.

Try the phonebook...if the last name is not to common make some calls....facebook has worked for me and so has classmates.com but that costs you...try checking earlier yearbooks....ring might have been a freshman that later moved. Guy should be 60 to 61 years old. Goodluck !

Sweet. Have 2 under my belt so far. Found both owners by posting on high school sites but neither got them back. First one in prison for 25 yrs. for man slaughter and can't have it there. Did speak with him to find out how the ring got to a town 150 miles away. The other ring was not gold. Some kind of metal they make them out of now to keep price down. I found the guys mother who said he is on the streets and crack addict. Gave it to her but she said she would probably never see him. Always a good feeling to return but pretty sure the melt value of the first one felt good too.