Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First GOLD and first penny trifecta for the CTX!!

Hello all,

Haven't had a chance to get out much in the last few weeks due to bad weather and being busy with fall cleanup. I was driving past a 1860 farm I have been eyeing since spring, but the owners were never there...until this past Thursday. I got permission from the nice couple, and I came back the next day to start covering some ground. The small side yard had absolutely nothing, but 2 feet from a stone wall I got a 4 wheat (in the teens) and one Buffalo (I think 1920) pocket spill. This got me pumped up, seeing as there was no way anyone could have hunted this spot and missed it. My next good target was a 1901 Indian pretty worn, but still nice to see. The next good target rang up 12-29 12-30. I figured a beaver tail, since I had gotten one a few holes ago. I was pleasently surprised to see a GOLD band sticking out of the dirt clod! Interestingly enough, only half of the ring is gold. The top part seems to be silver, with some fake stones in it. I can't find a makers mark, but the metal cleaned up nice and shiny so I am pretty sure I finally hit some gold and silver! Next I got another 4 wheat spill, with some teens and 20's. The last good target for the day was the 1851 large cent that has gotten squashed on one edge. It is undergoing the month long olive oil soak to bring out the details. So I ended the day with 2 firsts, first gold and first penny trifecta! There is tons more ground to cover so hopefully some silver coins are hiding somewhere!

The second pic is some finds from the battlefield that me and a buddy are re-hunting with the CTX. It is STILL giving up more finds that we somehow missed.

Happy hunting everyone!

Good Hunt Steve, I wish I was their??? Your Pics didn't come out. Mickfin

Nice finds! But, like Mick said, the pics are a bust.

oh dang the website did an update when i posted i will re upload them tomorrow...thanks guys

the goods from the hunt!

Wow Steve that's some old frigen Led???? Whets the Date of the Nickel??? Do you ever hunt in open combined???

I do exactly that, open screen with combined. I feel very confident that that setting isn't missing anything when I cover a site. The lead came from a battlefield site (Dated 1781) so ya its pretty old! I am going back to the house site today, hoping for some old silver! I will post later today what I find.

Steve on the CTX how do I know wen Im using too much sens so not to loos Depth????
Thanks , Mickfin

I dont think you can lose depth when increasing sensitivity, but you will get more chatter the higher you run it(in manual). The depth you get also depends on how good your soil is. I always use auto +3 and I dont have any chatter. I have decent soil in NY, i get low 20's most of the time for the left number on my sens. bar, and 16 ish for the green number.

If you count modern in your multiples, I actually got a penny grand slam cause I found one 1992 penny that same day/same site! But at least seeing wheats at a site means a chance for silver.