Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Gold...Finally

mick

I bought a Sovereign last year and hit the beaches. I found plenty of coins and assorted junk, but that first gold ring eluded me. Finally today the AU gods smiled upon me and I scored a nice ring. In fact, my first ring was 14k white gold (stamped 585) and had 79 diamonds. It was well worth the wait. Thanks to all for answering my questions and getting me pointed in the right direction. Now for the bad news...It fit my wife's finger. So much for selling it to by more toys...lol

mick

ARRRRRRRR, very nice indeed! A suggestion mate! I bought my wife an Excal 800 and she goes and finds 'er own loot! When she fancies one of my finds, I make 'er trade fer it, gold fer gold. She likes the ones that have the ice ESPECIALLY though, it cuts into my diamond bottom line, but keep 'er happy! Excellent loot and of course you will get bragging rights wherever she goes, so all is well!

Congrats Mick:clapping:

Until now I never found gold. Lots of silver though but I can't wait for my first gold ring.

Eric.

That is One Fine Looking Piece of Gold! There is a certain Mojo about the first Gold ring that you keep it anyway for good luck, So your getting double benefits from this Beau-tie.....ConGrads, A Great Keeper!! Joe

I thought about trading the wife for another detector a few times but that could cost me even more booty so she gets her pick..

great find:thumbup:threes more out there.:detecting::clapping::minelab:just dig all and you ll be surprised

When you don't give up trying, the gold will
eventually land in your scoop. And in your case,
it was a real treasure. Congrats on a sweet find.
BTW, that should afford you some "leverage" shouldn't it?
Gold Nuggets :wiggle:

Mick, after you find your first ring the others seem to follow. I will never forget my fist gold ring, I can still hear rattling around in my scoop and then about 20 min. later picking up my 2nd. gold ring. Keep the coil moving, study, watch the video's, talk with other metal detector guys and THEY WILL COME.

Gerry

Way to go Mick! I got to see you dig your first gold ring and your first gold nugget. I don't know any one more deserving than you. 2010 is going to be a great year for MDing. I am better for knowing you. Merry Christmas.
JFG