Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First gold of the year....14K white gold with diamonds!

Goldstrike

I hit a local park today and just 15 minutes into the hunt....BAM!!!!! The first gold ring for 2015.....14K white gold with 11 diamonds (tested them to confirm) size 11 1/2 and 9.78 grams. It's not quite 3pm here and it's a beautiful day so I'm off back to the park to hopefully find another keeper and hopefully another 'Golden Ticket'!!.
It's finds like these that put's the icing on the cake!:clapping:

Wow thats a great way to start out the year..those stones are nice sized too...congrats on an excellent find....

Thanks guy's! It's been great weather here for m.d-ing (high 60's sunny and dry) and I guess we are lucky/blessed to be able to get out considering many of you are snowed in etc; so I hope you all have dry and warmer weather soon! I wonder what else is waiting in the park today for me to dig! G.L and Happy Hunting all!

:clapping: May you have many more this year bud!! WTG!!!

Not to sound like a prick or anything, but a lot of electronic diamond testers can't tell the difference between diamond and moissanite. Also, there is no diamond tester that can tell the difference between a lab diamond and a mined diamond (both are diamond, just different origin). That is one sweet looking ring and if those stones are mined diamonds, that one would definitely be worth polishing up and putting on consignment (unless you're like me and keep all your rings). I love it when I find a ring with stones because it gives me an opportunity to take it in to an actual jeweler and have them tell me what it really is. I learn something new every time. Wish my start to 2015 had been as good as this. Back to digging!

No problem G.S. I don't have a top of the line diamond tester but it did register all 11 positive for diamonds and I agree with you about getting a jeweller with the expensive testers to be certain. They make simulated stones so close to looking like the real deal. I'm in no hurry to sell it and would definitely not scrap it. Thanks for your input.

Color me jealous in more ways then one. Beautiful ring plus you have grass that's not frozen solid. Must be nice to be able to detect a park in January.

Grilled Scallops, I'm sorta a scientific guy and your post on diamonds is very interesting.I had always heard that the man made diamonds sorta lost their luster after a while--anything to this? Thanks for your info.

Wow :surprised:Awesome find! I use a GemOro ultra tester 2, pricey but it's what the pros use. Check out the specs online. Put that on your holiday wish list for 2015. Wifey got me that last year hoping I'd find more bling.
HH - Bruce

Thanks all.....Bruce, yes, I do need to set some money aside and splurge on a better diamond tester like you have. It's always best to not have to rely on others to tell you what you have i.e. diamonds or moissanite etc;. When we do get a ring with a larger (hopefully) diamond, then it's worth getting a professional jeweller to tell you what you have. I know the jewellers charge an arm and a leg for a proper appraisal (at least $80 and up here) but if it's a good ring, it's worth it.:thumbup: