Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Gold ring first time out.

eriks

The ring was 20 paces from the boardwalk staircase on my way back from the old high tide line from the storm.

I really was anticipating small gold, fragments and earnings that went unnoticed with previous technology, but no complaints here. I hit a bunch of minuscule copper fragments; on my excal, I would have noticed the how tiny they were, with the E-nox, they hit hard and easy 8+ inches down, I thought I was going after larger items. Learning.

First of all allow me to congratulate everyone in their finds with the Equinox. Awesome!

I knew that the technology for several months would have these results!

Although, for several months I have been the owner of an expensive metal detector, I must bite the bullet, and realize 'nothing' is quite like the Equinox 800.

Therefore, I will soon purchase the Equinox 800 'for my wife' (actually, it will be for myself)! ! ! lol

And, the real fear is if I don't everyone with the Equinox 800 will find all the treasures, and there will not be any left! ! ! lol

Thanks, I was really shocked to find it so close to the steps, figured that area would be plucked clean since we're in late winter. And that blue thing is a tent spike, pretty clean.

I hit a newer beach and was headed straight for the volleyball court.I saw a few holes, unfilled, but I picked up 6 targets working through the trash. Guess they were missed.

As for technique, I noticed some faint hits, no vdi, but a quick blipped tone. So, I dropped recovery down from 6-4/3 and picked up stronger signals. If that didn't do it I just dug, and popped out some dimes...8-10 multi-direction scoops later. I'm a bit surprised that a machine at this price could potentially compete with a stock excal in depth.

What settings were you using on the beach? Nice find

Settings were the standard Beach 1, but I was adjusting the recovery/depth. If I found a patch of coins, I would go over the same spots in higher and lower recovery speed, looking to see if I missed anything. And i was digging a lot more signals trying to learn the machine.