Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First gold ring of the year for me. Shucks, first hunt of the year!!

John 'n' W.Va

My place was covered with snow. I had to get out of the house and thought about a snow hill I could MD.

[attachment 150453 01-18-2010snowhill.jpg]

I got some pocket change and this 44 mag.

[attachment 150448 01-18-201044mag.jpg]

A guy came up to me and wanted to know if I could find his titanium ring he lost the night before. I told him I would give it a try. I followed him up to his cabin in my 4 x4 pickup. When we got there his wife had already found it . Lost my chance to be a hero.
I saw this school on the way.

[attachment 150451 01-18-2010rdschool.jpg]

Too much snow. So I decided to leave the mountain top and head for the low lands.

[attachment 150450 01-18-2010mtstrea.jpg]

I had another school in mind and the ground wasn't frozen.

[attachment 150452 01-18-2010sabraschool.jpg]

Than I hit a nearby park. That is where I found this. Hey, It's only 10-k but it is gold and it is a ring! It hit solid on nickel. If the Ace with the sniper coil couldn't get within an inch of playground equipment, I would have never have found it.

[attachment 150449 01-18-2010golgring.jpg]

nice find..:clapping:
looks like the snow just wont go away there..:thumbdown:
good luck in your hunts:detecting::thumbup:

Awesome!:super:Congrats on the gold!:cheers:Great photos!:clapping:Thanks for sharing!:thumbup:Happy Hunting!:)

Great job John! And love those pics....!

JOHNMARKHAM said:
nice find..:clapping:
looks like the snow just wont go away there..:thumbdown:
good luck in your hunts:detecting::thumbup:

I use to work at the AT&T /Lucent/Agere chip plant just north of you on John Young. I left 3 years ago and I will gladly keep my mountain view and snow. The best thing about Fl. was the MD'ing all year. Cracker houses were fun MD'ing. Living near Kellyco wasn't bad either.

The view out my back door.

[attachment 150551 Image1fall.jpg]

[attachment 150552 Image2winter.jpg]

slingshot said:
Great find! Gettin' the sniper coil myself. Yeah-where you been? I really miss your posts.

The sniper coil will pay for itself quickly in trashy areas.

I work too much. When it ends, I will have lots of time to MD. That's the way construction work is.:shrug:

John 'n' W.Va said:
slingshot said:
Great find! Gettin' the sniper coil myself. Yeah-where you been? I really miss your posts.

The sniper coil will pay for itself quickly in trashy areas.

I work too much. When it ends, I will have lots of time to MD. That's the way construction work is.:shrug:
God made that area beautiful! Your post was meant to be-ordered the sniper about an hour ago.

Gold is always a spirit lifter. Nice to see. It always makes me wonder about the person that lost it..
I just got the sniper coil, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Maybe today.

Glad you found some time to detect and were rewarded. Only 10K? How awful for you?

Chris