Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First gold ring of the year.

kschae4

Rustydigger got in touch with me a couple of days ago to advise that a county park we've hunted over the last couple-three years had one of the former corn stubbed fields cleared. Rusty couldn't make there Saturday ,so I hit part of it myself Saturday morning. The detector gods must've decided to reward me with this little beauty after I eyeballed a rusty old beer can with the same spelling as my last name. The ruby ring is just 10k but the hallmark reads x10k which from what I've read on the web, may have it's origins in England prior to 1905. Always love hitting fields, so was hunting in low density / relic mode . Now I know why I keep digging mid-sweet music with tdi 19 (even though they tend to be beaver pull tabs exclusively ). The gid bounced between the "o" and "l" in the word gold. Several rounds ( couple unfired ) and 12 g shells too. ....This soil was so dark that even the pre '82 cents were in very good condition when recovered......thanks for looking.

I LOVE that fancy gold ring!!! A big congrats on your first gold of the year:thumbup: I'm still looking myself for that first gold find whether it be a ring or jewellry.....anything gold would be welcome!!!:clapping:

Thanks GS, Sanderling. On the next hunt there I found a '68 IH that rang up at 22 tid. Couldn't believe it, so when I placed it on the ground, re scanned it and noticed it still read 22 in all four factory modes. Hope it's not a counterfeit.... wouldn't expect that on a cent. HH

Holy crap! 10K and a Ruby. It doesn't get any better. Rubies are much more rare than diamonds and its only marketing that makes diamonds more desirable to the general public. Gimme a Ruby ANYtime. Congrats!

PS: you probably need to get that one appraised.