Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First gold ring with the Equinox 800

JEF

troll
I just got my Equinox 800 a little over a week ago. I went to a small field at a local park that is connected to a school. I have gone over this area several times with other detectors, so I wasn't really expecting much success. I got a faint signal that varied between 10 and 11 on the Equinox. So I knew it was down a ways. I was expecting it to be can slaw or some other trash item. Imagine my surprise when I saw the gleam of gold about 7 inches down in the bottom of the hole. It is 10K with yellow and rose gold.

Very nice congratulations

WOW great find w the Nox, esp in dirt.

I, too, just got my 800 recently, last month, and have been using it in my backyard that is littered w trash for experience. Unfortunately, the level of trash, often hitting numbers from 2 - 19, forces me to concentrate on numbers corresponding to coins (i.e, numbers greater than 22 or so). Haven't done the actual research yet but I know there is a correlation between gold ring weight and Equinox 800 number - the heavier the ring weight the larger the Equinox number. This correlation breaks down around 17 or so and you will not find any (?) /many heavy rings past 20 or so.

Assume you were using Park 2?

Nice find, remember that the I’d only moved one number. If it moves 3 or 4 most likely not gold. HH&GL

I was using a custom user profile in the Park 1 program. The settings were as follows:

-9 to 4 discriminated out
2 tone
Tone break set at 8
Sensitivity at 20 (default)
Recovery speed at 6

I have found gold rings before with other detectors, but this is my first one with the Equinox.

Nice find love gold rings found more in 1 year with my Nox than any other machine!