Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Heart Stopper Ring

zombiemax

Hi All. Found this ring this past weekend around 7 inches down. Hit a solid 13 in every direction on the Equinox 800 in Park 1 - 50 tones - Iron Bias 1 - sensitivity 21 and recovery speed 5. Took it this morning to confirm if the diamond are real. They are and so is the Sapphire. The man at the jewelry store said they are old diamonds, miners cut diamonds. Not as valuable as today's perfectly cut ones. Maybe $2,500.00 for someone who really wants a Victorian era ring. Also scooped up a 1891 Seated liberty dime and a few other silvers.

Happy detecting all...

Nice finds beats my 6 silvers a buff and V nickel I got today! Lol I found a sapphire ring this year with two tiny diamonds that rings a beauty going to sell?

Very nice!!! It is a pretty ring and I too would have had to taken a break and catch my breath on that one!!! Congrats!!

As far as selling goes, I really don' want to part with it! We all know that really good finds don't come along on every hunt. I'm actually more excited about finding the Seated Dime than the ring!! I had a great weekend even scoring a Kennedy 1965 Half in the mix.

Howdy zombiemax---

That is one of the nicest rings that I've ever seen dug. Congratulations! Also, the color of that 1891 Dime is very attractive. I don't blame you for not considering selling those finds - detecting is not solely for the financial rewards aspect. Those finds represent a great and memorable day of detecting for you. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

That is a very nice find indeed along with the seated dime.
I found a ring a couple years ago at it too had a small mine cut diamond.
I was told that this type was of cutting was done from about 1830 up until 1920,
so that ring has some age to it.
The was also told that those type of diamonds are very collectible.
Many have been re cut, but the original cut is popular also.
Like you, I have no desire to sell mine due to the history behind it.
Do you know what the gold content is by chance?
The one I found is 14 karat.
Like the others have stated, that is a very nice ring... good job!!

Outstanding !!!

Beautiful ring! So many of the gold rings I have found, lost their stones. The 1965 Half came out of the ground shiny because it has an outside layer of silver. Not pure, but pretty.

Congrats on a beautiful ring & some other great finds! Sounds like you had a great weekend...