Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

first hour with my v3

bswift35

Ok i can see why people loose faith in this machine(BUT IM NOT A QUITER) BEEN USING THE MXT FOR COUPLE YEARS and love the machine but i got a new v3 today. BOY i dont know what im doing lol im having a terrible time pinpointing luckly im tearing up my own yard, Larry i need help please i know it takes time and ill do what it takes im going to grow old with this machine and will learn to love it im sure. thanks bryan

Congratulations Bryan on your new acquisition! I am not Larry, but I did stay in a Motel 6 last night. :tongue:

Pinpointing can be difficult in High EMI scenarios. How is your environment at you home location? Your MXT is running at around 15kHz, which handles EMI somewhat better. What is your All metal set to? Sometimes deeper targets need a little higher setting. What program are you using? I sure there will be some good advice coming your way.

Jack

Make sure the VCO is turned on, especially your 1st 20 hours of hunting, that really helped me

That is too funny Jack.............:lol: We will get together one day and go hunting Bryan, but in the mean time there are a lot knowledgeable guys and gals on here to help you out. I would recommend that you get the upgrade if you don't have the V3i, I think it is money well spent and surprised your dealer didn't get it done for you. With either model, V3/V3i and your experience, I would suggest starting off with the Hi Pro program and the only adjustments right now would be to set the RX and Discrimination Sensitivity for stability. Maybe RX 10 and Sensitivity 85 for our area. Go out and have fun hunting with it for the first 10-20 hours and don't worry about other adjustments for the time being. The factory Hi Pro is a powerful program and will go deep. I can't remember if the VCO is turned on or not, I think it is on the V3 and not on the V3i, might be wrong on that but you should have the VCO turned on to simulate the the MXT's pinpointing.

A lot of information is here on past posts to keep you reading for a long time and read the manual many times as well, don't be afraid to tinker with the settings while learning, you can always reset it back to factory settings if you mess it up. In fact, you might want to reset it to begin with to make sure someone has not messed with the settings already.

Good luck Bryan and we will be here for you.

bswift35 said:
Ok i can see why people loose faith in this machine(BUT IM NOT A QUITER) BEEN USING THE MXT FOR COUPLE YEARS and love the machine but i got a new v3 today. BOY i dont know what im doing lol im having a terrible time pinpointing luckly im tearing up my own yard, Larry i need help please i know it takes time and ill do what it takes im going to grow old with this machine and will learn to love it im sure. thanks bryan

The V3i is also tricky to pinpoint also. Three is of from the Whites board are struggling with the PP on the V3i. I'm no quitter either! I'll find the answer, be it hardware or operator error, I will resolve this in time. Good luck. martin

Larry's right on the Vco. Make sure it's on. Also the all metal sensitvity affects P.P. so turn it down. Also close down the recovery delay window a bit. This helps by "seeing" a smaller patch of ground. Mine stays at 60 most of the time. Sometimes 40 and other times 80 but mostly 60. Watch all three of my instructional vids for great settings that work. They help people understand this machine. The biggest mistake everyone makes in the beginning and myself included is too much sensitivity. You don't need it and it will mess with everything. My pinpoint is "spot on" or directly in the center of my loop when the pinpoint bar is the strongest. No troubles or worries. Keep at it and it'll come!

Bradley137 said:
Larry's right on the Vco. Make sure it's on. Also the all metal sensitvity affects P.P. so turn it down. Also close down the recovery delay window a bit. This helps by "seeing" a smaller patch of ground. Mine stays at 60 most of the time. Sometimes 40 and other times 80 but mostly 60. Watch all three of my instructional vids for great settings that work. They help people understand this machine. The biggest mistake everyone makes in the beginning and myself included is too much sensitivity. You don't need it and it will mess with everything. My pinpoint is "spot on" or directly in the center of my loop when the pinpoint bar is the strongest. No troubles or worries. Keep at it and it'll come!

Yep running it to hot and pinpointing in a trashy environment will cause grief. In a clean environment I can run tx boost and my gain at 15, but the soil has to be agreeable.

You must engage pinpoint off of the target and not on another, this can be almost impossible if there is to much surface clutter. You need to back the gain down.

You have you coil tested in the air? Try turning the gain up to 15 while holding the coil up in the air at least 4ft high? It should not read anything and stay stable. If not your coil needs replacing or you have interference.

When I first got my detector I thought it was garbage, it took me a solid week to determine it was operator error.