Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt of 2013... Found some foreign silver

Gonehunting

We have had some snow and ice, it wasn't much, but it was enough to keep me in. It melted off and the temp hit the high 20's.. so off I went.. I returned to a yard that I had been hunting in the past, but haven't gotten to take the CTX to.. With the soil good and damp, I figured even the deepest targets would sing out and sure enough targets that had been gone over were ready to go home with me..
I hunted the end of the lot where the sidewalk was and was hearing and dug a few clad coins so I moved up into the yard, and immediately, the first target of the day, was my oldest.. It was around the 7 to 8 inch mark... Silver!
TdU7P.jpg

It is a seated liberty but there is hardly a design on it.. I had to get out the loop to even see the outline.
The next target was a big shock cause I wasn't expecting it..lol especially after just joining here.. talk about ironic..
VuPNt.jpg

This is why I like to detect, because no matter where you are.. someone has already walked that path or sidewalk and lost something.. you never know what will pop up!!
sAFOy.jpg

I know its not that old but I love it.. it is my second oldest Canadian coin I have found....
After those two everything else was just icing on the cake..
zwwHI.jpg

a 1900 Indian head cent.. It has an old scratch right across the face but was rather deep so, I don't know what happened.

Next coming in as a 12-14 12-15, I was surprised to see the reddish disc.. although I couldn't find a date, any day a Vickie shows is a good day...
Ot2a7.jpg

no date Liberty "V-Nickel"

I did find a few wheats 2 where newer, but two were around the dates of the others.. one was a 1919(very common) and this 1913...
OV1D5.jpg

I found some relics including a tag from Oklahoma City, but the last target of the day was this 1919 Mercury..
4Ni6p.jpg

Thanks for reading and I hope this is a sign of whats coming in 2013..
Evan
Gonehunting for History..

I found a" VICKIE" while diving this year didn't know what it was until now. It is as worn as yours couldn't make the date out.thanks .................Scott

Evan looks like 2013 is off to a good start my friend congrats! likewise send some old silver luck this way too lol. The Vickie still has not yet passed under my coil but it is coming maybe this year.I too love the history and questions the finds bring to the mind.

thanks guys!! you have a great 2013 yourselves...

mtwolf2270 said:
Evan looks like 2013 is off to a good start my friend congrats! likewise send some old silver luck this way too lol. The Vickie still has not yet passed under my coil but it is coming maybe this year.I too love the history and questions the finds bring to the mind.
I have them hit some really weird numbers before.. so you never know!!

Awesome group of finds! Is the seated coin a dime? Someone must have carried it as a good luck charm. Congrats and way to go!

yes it's a seated dime.. I tried to get a date but was lucky just to see the lady on it..

Nice digs, Evan! I'd love to snag a seated!

Thank you sir.. I haven't got to go much since then.. Im ready to get back out to hunt..