Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt of the year

Larry (IL)

turned out to be a pretty good one. It was in the low 40's with a cold wind blowing so I didn't last too long but did manage to do a fast sweep of the ground and found a silver quarter and some old cars and clad. This place looked too good to yield only one quarter so I bumped up the RX and slowed the recovery down to 85 and worked a prime looking patch of weeds which gave up another two silver quarters and two silver dimes at the 6 inch range. I will go back tomorrow if I can and work the yard a little slower yet to see what is below the 6 inch range. Nancy got the lead on this old property that goes back to the late 1800's at least. She is not well enough to hunt yet, but she did come along and sit in the truck and watched and let the dogs run a couple of times. The oldest coin was a 1916 Buffalo so I think this place will be worth going over a few more times. I will call the last picture THE END(s)

[attachment 190633 1.2.jpg] [attachment 190634 1.jpg]

[attachment 190636 1.4.jpg] [attachment 190637 1.5.jpg]

[attachment 190635 1.3.jpg]

Not bad for a short hunt .......... did The Bloodhounds help you dig.

WTG Larry , First Hunt of the year has it ben to cold thier??? Mickfin

Sure has been Mick, we had a season here called winter..........:rofl: Hey, did that tidal wave bother you any?

Nice job there Larry. Am hoping I get to hunt some this year.Will be very limited I an afraid. Keep up the good work and don't let Rob skunk you to much. LOL! Yazoo

Good to see you got out and put digging time in. Nancy sure seems like a trooper and hope to see her diggin' soon too. (Silver......YES!!!)

Thanks Mike, take care of yourself and don't push it too hard. Rob should be back online tomorrow, his modem went kaputz and has a new one on the way, he is aways a threat to whup my butt......... not a serious threat............. just a threat.........:rofl:

Nope, it would be nice to teach our Boxers to sniff out the silver for me though, maybe I should try a Bloodhound...:biggrin:

Nice hunt Larry, leave some for me. With the way things operate down here I wouldn't bet on me being on the internet tomorrow.

Nice finds Larry! What a great 1st trip out.location,location,location!! H.H.