Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt with CTX

Roland58

Well, I made my first hunt with the CTX Sunday......it was an experience that I was ill prepared for. I need to do some serious studying! The machine is really not that hard, I just didn't take the time to familiarize myself with some basic functions. I did, however, manage to pull out some really deep targets (many of which were pull tabs or beaver tails, grrrr. I did find a really interesting button. The front, with the Eagle design seems to be made of copper or brass, but, the back was steel and has almost completely deteriorated away. The button measures approx. 5/8" in diameter, but, it does not look like any of the military buttons I have seen before.

Bart at Big Boys Hobbies has taken really good care of me and has offered his assistance whenever I need it. I did have two minor issues with the order (both with the incentive package), but, these were resolved very quickly, thanks to Bart. He definitely wants happy customers!! If you are looking for a locator or any associated equipment, look no further than Big Boys Hobbies....Bart will treat you with the respect you deserve and the incentives he offers are quality items, not the Chinese knock-off products like you get from some other companies........would KC give you a clue?? :rolleyes:

This was found about 12" down and rang up like a quarter.....I almost gave up, but, the pointer finally sounded off and the chase was on.

Close up of arrows in the Eagles left talon.

Ruler for size reference....you can see it is about 5/8" diameter.

Wide, blurry shot of the button, I figured the ribbon would be "E Pluribus Unum", but, under a loupe I could see it was just a design...no lettering.

I managed to make my first program with the Xchange2 program and load it into the machine. Will give it a shot tomorrow. Sure have a lot to learn about this machine....it is a LOT different from my F75. When I get checked out on the basics, I'll start hitting the GPS features!

Looks like a General Service Button that has been altered or mutilated. The fact that the back was deteriorated indicates to me that it was probably steel and not one from the CW or earlier.