Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt with Excalibur

sdesic

This year Santa has given me something nice (for a change LoL )

Excalibur was my wish for a long time.
This hunt was testing of his capabilities ... lake was pounded by me and others.
But there is always more stuff.
Good stuff.

In 3 hours is got few dollars worth of coins..
one junk ring, one silver ID bracelet...

[attachment 339590 DSC09519.JPG]

There is video for this hunt you can find it on my YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/sdesic

Congratz. What kind of machine did you have prior to the Excal ? When I got my first Excal, I had just come from Whites (XLT, Eagles, Spectrums, etc....). And found the Excal VERY annoying. The ability to sweep slow and "wiggle" to bring in TID's was a foreign concept. Since coming from the fast-swing Whites generation...... took me a LONG time to get used to. Looks like you adapted pretty quick ! :)

Thank you Tom, my line of detectors is here
White's 6000 DI PRO SL - Teknetics G2 - Fisher 1280 X Aquanaut - Minelab Excalibur II
Most of last year I have been using 1280-X in fresh water ...
Only problematic is weight and S rod - I used mainly pistol grips ... my ring finger and pinky are hurting.

Nice first hunt. The more time you get with the Excal, the better you will get with it.

Good times a head!! Like the big silver!!

Thanks TVR and OBN!
Adjusting to hunting with Excalibur will be a process... 100 hours will do :)
I have issues with my country coins ... 70% of them are iron based and they are producing iffy sounds.

Easy peasy just dig everything! Seriously, you will find yourself very comfortable with the Excal fairly quickly and certain tone ID will slowly dawn. You have a great start and 2017 will be great year!

Are you using DISC or PINPOINT?
In PINPOINT most of good deep targets are hard to hear and IRON targets are screaming.
Also moving coil close to shoreline can be detected in headphones - threshold is at minimum (good frequency... iron threshold a bit louder)

A great hunt!!