Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt with my new Golden

bigolhorns

My new Golden Micromax is a keeper. Who said these aren't deep??? I picked up on the tones right away. This is the first silver I have found in 8 months! About 3 hours in a school I've been hunting for 20 years. This is a fun detector. I love how it pinpoints.

Thanks! I'm really pleased. That half was a real surprise! I've only found 7 or 8 halves. The 3 silver silver coins were in the same spot about 6" - 7" down. Probably being passed over as being a deep aluminium can. The Golden has such good target separation that I actually got three high tone hits in about a 6 " dia. area with the stock 9x8 coil !!
This school has been pounded by every brand of detector you can think of. I started hunting it in the 80's with a Compass machine!
I'd still be out there if it wasn't raining :wiggle:

bigolhorns said:
I love how it pinpoints

I have never used a detector that hits as fast as Tesoro's. No need for the pinpoint feature, IMO. If you want to judge size, just thumb the switch to AM and use the VCO.

poor guy is going to be hooked on tones from now on :)

Congrats on some nice finds there.

HH

Mike