Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt with my new used Safari...silver

DirtAngler

Recently traded a used V3I on a used Safari for the K.I.S.S. philosophy because the V3I had too many adjustments to confuse me when I would go back to my XP Deus. So today I figured I'd do a short hunt at a place loaded with clad that I have access to hunt because I knew I'd find coin VDI's and tones. Got the high tone and a 38 reading which really could be anything copper penny or above on the Safari. Recovered a clad dime, rescanned hole, got a copper penny, rescanned hole and got a 1934 merc. dime. I don't put much stock in the VDI numbers on the Safari because to be useful I feel it needs an expanded numerical range plus they reset rather slow, but the tones reset fairly quick. To be fair, it was mostly luck because I had to recover clad first, but rescanning kept getting me a high tone and one of them turned out to be silver. I actually consider the Safari to be a FBS Vaquero, go by sounds only.

My Safari is a silver magnet. Every single time that I have recovered silver, it has grabbed onto 39 and refused to vary at all (i always screen 40, fwiw). When I see/hear that steady 39, its time to call out the backhoe if I cant reach the target with my trowel or shovel. I wish it was this good on gold!

Welcome to the Safari world. I think you mailed it in your assessment. More numbers would be nice. Soon your east will be up to speed.
Congrats,
Bunker

i gave up my v3i for a safari also,ill never look back ,Ive found a lot of silver with the safari that the v never found,get yourself a 8x6 sef and a 12x15 sef you'll be glad you did.HH!