Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt with new MXT....

dblue

Hello to all....this is my first post on the MXT forum. I'm from Orange county Virginia and I have been civil war relic hunting for 37 years now...I started when I was 15. I have used many detectors over the years...most of them have been Whites. I had used a XLT for years until I just recently bought a MXT. I took it out for a two hour hunt the other day in a campsite that is loaded with iron trash...everywhere you put the coil to the ground there is a iron target and the ground is highly mineralized in this area. I used the 5.3 coil and I was amazed at the depth and seperation it got...my first good target was a nice confederate North Carolina coat button and I also dug four confederate bullets, one of which had been made into a fishing sinker. The MXT is amazing...I'm really impressed with it already...:)

Here's a pic of the relics I found....

Don Blue

original.jpg

I had a goldmaster VSAT for years and I too have fallen in love with the MXT. It is a little noisy but you will get used to that. I bet it is because of it's sensitivity to gold which many detectors will not detect.....especially gold chains. It is a turn on and go machine with less than 10 seconds to start covering the ground. Many of the dd coils will also give you good separation because of the knife like signal (1) from the coil verses a (V) shape that will pick up everything in that cone. There are many coil options for the MXT and it is a gold magnet. I had my VSAT for 20 years and used it a lot but never found a nugget. I got the MXT 7 months ago and on my first trip to NV, I found 4 nuggets: the largest 3/4 oz and the smallest 1/4 grain. When I got back to MI, the first week I found, at the local beach, a 1/4 carat diamond solitair ring. Yesterday, I found in the C&J mode, a 1882 Indian Head. It is an incredible machine and often overlooked because of it's simplicity.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the MXT and this forum Don. :wiggle: WOW, you found some nice bullets and that coat button is a beauty. BIG congrats to you and the more you use that MXT, the more you'll love it. Thanks for posting such a great picture and for the awesome story. We love seeing what all is out there! HH, Nancy

Great photo composition and nice finds too.

Congrats on the great finds . I have only found one musket ball here in Missouri so your lucky to have all that historical stuff there for you to find and you will love the MXT even more as you get use to it , Thanks for sharing your finds with us .

Harold

Really enjoyed this post! Fishing sinker bullet...now that's a connecton to day to day living from the war! (You've a knack for shooting a good photo....PERFECT!) Good luck on your hunting

Thanks to all for the replys and welcome...:) I'm really looking forward to getting out this weekend with the MXT...I've finally got a three day weekend off from work...lol

My other hobby is wildlife photography...I've been doing it for a couple of years now...I do mostly birds. I thought I would get a shot of the MXT while it's still new as it probably wont look like that for very long...:)

Thanks again, I'll be looking forward to posting some more finds soon...:)

Great detector, that MXT! :whites:

Great, versatile coil, and the 5.3 Eclipse is my favorite on the MXT. :thumbup:

Great location and finds!

Great story!

A really Great photo, too!

Welcome to this Great forum, and the wonderful world of the MXT.

Monte

Hope you hang around awhile.
By all means post more photos of your finds.
I bought an MXT used and am only now realizing
what a powerful machine it is.
Katz

I have had my MXT for less than a year and have found some great "stuff", 5 gold rings, 5 silver, a mans silver chain bracelet and a whole heap of other "stuff" When I start swinging the machine I go into almost a relaxed state of mind and four hours later realise its time to head home, what a great hobby we have.:detecting:

Gerry

Hey Don:

I'm in Charlottesville. I just purchased a F75. Not real please with all the chatter and the ultra sensitivity. How is the MXT on chatter? Also, is there a place over in orange that I could detect? If possible, I would like to meet you to see the MXT and maybe some tips on how to use a sensitive unit. I'll be in Africa the 8th through Oct 3. Maybe after this...if you are open. Thanks! Email in Africa: thelinkoffice@gmail.com

rick sadler
info@missionlink.org

I have never used a Fishers of any model, but from all
the chatter on the Fishers forum about how overly
sensitive they are, I think I'll take a miss
on Fishers, unless I see one in a pawn shop for a really
good price.
Katz