Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt with the g2+

2 Much Trash

Took my new g2+ out for the first time today. Went to a spot we've been hunting hard for the past 5 years. Pickins' have been getting slim to none lately and I was just about ready to give up on it. The only reason I went there today is that hunting season is in now but no one gun hunts there mainly because of its location. Ive been told on some forums that the g2 is a sleeper machine. Well I have to agree. It's fast and picks out good targets in iron trash like a champ. I relic hunt so I'm not too big on target ID numbers but with this machine it's a different story. It ID's targets, even in trash, with precision, even at depth. What I like is that a deep target sounds like a deep target. Likes been said before, those whisper sounds are awesome. I guess because this machine runs so quiet and smooth those sounds really get your attention. Reminds me of the old days with my Nautilus, deep is deep, shallow is shallow, no guess work. Folks say it's not a deep detector. I wasn't concerned too much about depth on this hunt, I was more concerned about getting familiar with the unit. But I can say that most targets were 7 to 10 inches in the ground and we've not dug anything at this spot any deeper with other machines.
I was using the stock coil, sens. cranked all the way, volume on 11, 0 disc., v-break 39, no notch. A good machine!

Nice finds!'ve been using an F-19 and have found that running all metal and digging all of the solid tones produces great results.Some of my better small targets have registered in the mid twenties,so I really don't pay much attention to VDI numbers.Just keep an eye on the Gbalance numbers and adjust as needed.Good targets still try to give that zing-zing sound.Try this on one of your hunted out sites!

Love the F-19 as well. I still wish it had more tone choices. Sometimes I want to hunt for old copper/silver coins and silver jewelry and I miss the high tone signal on targets such as these that I get with my F5 in 3 or 4 tone mode.

I told you buddy. Good to hear the good news. Nice finds also. HH

I've been using the G2+ for a year now and it has become my favorite machine to date. It's very quiet/stable. My experience on depth is not bad. Same depth as my Fisher f70.
This machine loves brass and lead.

brass, lead and GOLD... and small stuff. I've found tiny things with it that were invisible to my lower frequency detector AND invisible to my pinpointer.

I found it surprisingly good on silver as well.