Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt with the Nox.

Dan(NM)

I took my EQ to an old high school that I've been hunting for the last few years to see what the Nox could do. I started off in park 1 and the very first target was a solid 13 within 3 minutes, turned out to be a 1912 V-nickle at close to 5", I did my happy dance and knew this was going to be a fun machine. First impressions, of course, light, very fast and the responses left no doubt when you hit a good target. I'm not 100% sold on the sound of the wireless head phones, I think I'll end up using my Killer B's when I find the adapter for the WM08 I'll say this, nickles lock on 13 solid. I ended up with a double nickle trifecta, first time for me. 2 V-nickles, 2 buffs and 2 Jefferson's came out within the first hour. I found that customizing is very easy on fly if you can remember what the advanced settings do. I love that I can adjust the tones and the breaks much like my CTX and it's very easy to do so. Overall, I feel like it was worth all the waiting and can't wait to get a better grasp of what this machine can really do after a few more outings. I did dig a 9" wheat, the numbers bounced, but, I did get a repeatable high tone, very impressive!!

I'm somewhat handicapped when it comes to relating what I'm thinking and being able to articulate it. If you have a question, fire away.

A nickel hog huh? Dang...there’s no sense in me digging nickels around here,every one of them is TORCHED. Even the war nickels are just shitt.
A deep copper, that’s good! Should be finding that silver soon enough...:)
Don’t forget to do some comparisons with the CTX when time allows please!

Dan,

Nice hunt and report. How well has this area been hunted? (You mention In your post that you have been hunting it for the last few years) Are you surprised by the finds that came out of this area today? Did you say to yourself, "how in the heck did I miss all these coins?" Anything of that nature? Thanks - Jim

earthlypotluck said:
Dan,

Nice hunt and report. How well has this area been hunted? (You mention In your post that you have been hunting it for the last few years) Are you surprised by the finds that came out of this area today? Did you say to yourself, "how in the heck did I miss all these coins?" Anything of that nature? Thanks - Jim

I have gone over this same spot with the Etrac, the stock coil, 6, 8x6, 5x10 and the 13", it's right next to the sidewalk. I crisscrossed, diagonal, wet, dry and in between. Same thing with the CTX, I have no idea how this stuff was missed, other than I suck!!! The strange was, there was no mistake it was a nonferrous hit, loud and clear. After I pulled the nickles out, I would recheck the hole, each one was next to a low tone target.

IDXMonster said:
A nickel hog huh? Dang...there’s no sense in me digging nickels around here,every one of them is TORCHED. Even the war nickels are just shitt.
A deep copper, that’s good! Should be finding that silver soon enough...:)
Don’t forget to do some comparisons with the CTX when time allows please!

After I get some time on the machine and figure out what the hell I'm doing, I''ll bring the CTX along and compare hits.

Dan, since you said you have Killer B's, I thought I'd ask you or pose this question to everyone in the forum - any idea if they're still in business? I tried to email them and got no response. Their phone number is no longer active. I sent some phones in for warranty repair and the box was returned to me, marked "Unable to deliver, unable to forward".

What gives?

Tyber0z said:
Dan, since you said you have Killer B's, I thought I'd ask you or pose this question to everyone in the forum - any idea if they're still in business? I tried to email them and got no response. Their phone number is no longer active. I sent some phones in for warranty repair and the box was returned to me, marked "Unable to deliver, unable to forward".

What gives?

I just bought a brand new set last month and registered them and got an e-mail confirming it. That's not good, I havern't heard any rumors.

Dan

Dan(NM) said:
I have gone over this same spot with the Etrac, the stock coil, 6, 8x6, 5x10 and the 13", it's right next to the sidewalk. I crisscrossed, diagonal, wet, dry and in between. Same thing with the CTX, I have no idea how this stuff was missed, other than I suck!!! The strange was, there was no mistake it was a nonferrous hit, loud and clear. After I pulled the nickles out, I would recheck the hole, each one was next to a low tone target.
Just puts a big smile on your face doesn't it Dan and it does it so easy!

attribute it to processor speed, which translates into target separation. JMHO HH Randy

laplander said:
Just puts a big smile on your face doesn't it Dan and it does it so easy!

It just doesn't seem fair :)

Dan, I'm very happy for you. It sounds like you're liking yours as much as I do mine. Here's one weeks finds for mine. 1 Indian, 5 plus wheaties, 3 war nickels, 1 merc, 2 barber dimes, 4 mo.sales tax tokens, 1 Budweiser Bill's place token and a tootsie car. Mine loves nickels too. Look forward to hearing about your new finds. Tom

Dan(NM) said:

What gives?

I just bought a brand new set last month and registered them and got an e-mail confirming it. That's not good, I havern't heard any rumors.

Dan

Can you tell me the email address? I tried "info@killerbphones.com", which is the one listed on their website...

tometusns said:
Dan, I'm very happy for you. It sounds like you're liking yours as much as I do mine. Here's one weeks finds for mine. 1 Indian, 5 plus wheaties, 3 war nickels, 1 merc, 2 barber dimes, 4 mo.sales tax tokens, 1 Budweiser Bill's place token and a tootsie car. Mine loves nickels too. Look forward to hearing about your new finds. Tom

Thank you, I feel very good about the decision I made last Sept. No buyers remorse here :)

Congrats on some very good finds in a week, that's impressive!!

Dan - I have been waiting for your opinion on this detector. Amazing finds for a place you have hit before. Cant wait to you get it figured out to see what you will find.
Thanks Gary from Oregon

masterjedi said:
Dan - I have been waiting for your opinion on this detector. Amazing finds for a place you have hit before. Cant wait to you get it figured out to see what you will find.
Thanks Gary from Oregon

Thanks Gary.

There is some much you can do with this machine, and the menu is straight forward and easy to navigate. It's hard to believe it's only a $800 machine. It's going to take a lot of digging to get a feel for the deep iffy signals next to iron or trash to figure out the language of the Nox. I'm looking forward to putting hours on this baby!!

The Equinox just seems easy to hunt with. My confidence in her grows everytime out. I've been on cloud nine since I picked it up and it certainly has kept me there.

Awesome information. Thank you!

Dan(NM) said:
Dan,