Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Hunt with the SE

sillllvar

I think I may have introduced myself in the past in this forum, but a quick intro again I think is is order :). My name is Alan and I live in Southern NH and have living here for almost a year now. I have a DFX and have been sucessful with the machine in the UK where I was living before I moved to NH. I have mates over there and about half use the DFX and the other Half use Explorers. We have all had our fair share of goodies, but one of our group has far surpassed us all in finds...he uses the original XS. For a long time I have been think about getting an explorer and after the last hunt with him in a trip back in April and seeing he had double the targets I had, I decided to take the leap of faith.

My e bay SE came last Friday and I managed a hunt out on Saturday on a brand new field. I had high hopes for this field because it is in a very old area and the field in question was directly across from a colonial farm. Just one problem....it turned out to be the trashiest field I have EVER hunted in :surprised: Between myself and my hunting bud (also XSII) user we took out two white plastic shopping bags full of chopped up tin cans and pull tabs! So much for a quiet field to get to know the new machine :crazy:

I think that they is def still loads of potential in there...it would just take forever to dig out all the crap and there are more productive sites on the hit list this year. For the DFX users that were like me and have been wondering about depth on the explorers....it's true..I picked out the Zippo lighter deeper than I would have with the DFX standard coil no probs. I am hunting in all metal with Conduct but I think I am going to try out ferrous sounds next time round. Even with all that garbage I still manged a few buttons...can't wait till I find that first silllvar!!!

HH
Alan

The Explorer is a great machine.

Note: On real deep coins watch the cursor jump from the right side to the left and listen for that high tone.

Tony

If you're pulling those kinds of goodies in that much trash, you're going to do quite well.

What Town do you live in Alan? I use the Explorer XS and also live in Rochester NH. Man I better get out there....The Explores are getting popular around here!!! :surprised: :detecting: :minelab:

Don't worry mate I'm down Salem direction....your hunting grounds are too far away for me to stray into the Mattock zone :hot: I won't be a threat to anyone for a while yet until I can learn this machine :laugh:

HH
Alan

I did. Then she married my bset friend. And moved to NYC and left him high and dry.