Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First impression and relic hunting potential

My hunting buddy bootyhunter1971and gave the nox 800s a run in Two tough homesites that were heavy iron. When we get our video clips together we will post a video of the hunt. We pulled lots of coins from thick iron. I ran field 1 and 2 5 tone iron audio on as well. The find that truly impressed me was the small cuff size flat button it was a soild tone a 10 vdi both ways it was 10 inches with nails and iron in and around the hole. I stuck the pinpointer in the hole to measure it the black cap was just below soil line. Here finding relics and coins over 6 to 8" is not common unless it's cooler soil or large targets. We have moderate mineralized soil and often hunt heavy iron homesites both combined present challanges to the ctx and the at pro even with iron audio on. My hope was the nox would perform well in our soil if so it would work better in Culpeper, VA then the ctx or at pro where soil can be nasty. However, my go-to machine thier is the gpx 4800 but in heavy iron or trashy fields the gpx just doesn't work. I am very impressed with nox so far and I know we have barely scratched the surface of how to unlock it's full potential. In our soil here the nox performed in the type of site the ctx would struggle in. What I found different about the nox was its recovery, separation and accurate id in tough conditions. Now the only thing I changed was tones to 5 instead of 50 sensitivity and recovery everything else was stock. I already feel this machine is different and has excellent relic potential especially in mineralized ground.

Also I need to add that the vdi on the nox is -9 to 0 for iron 0 to 40 non ferrous so a 10 is not way low out of the ground same button. Reads 10 or 11 in same mode.