Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First impressions of the cortes:thumbup:

foxhunter

Hello everyone...Most of the time I'm a reader and don't post much...But i thought i would give my thoughts on the Cortes.You don't read much about this machine.And I thought this might help someone out if they are thinking about a Cortes.I bought this a couple months ago from a fellow forum member and I'm very satisfied..First thought of the machine was how great it is balanced.Second I did some air test and was very impressed.My first thought was how much am I going to loose in the ground.Now we all know air test don't mean much.But it gives you an idea of what it might possibly do in the real world. So next I went to the test garden.My deepest coin is a copper penny @ 7 1/2"s.....WOW it hit very well with a repeatable two way.It also I.D ed correctly in sum mode.So @ that moment I grabbed the Vaquero,Eldorado,1236x2, and F75...I believe all machines could hear it with the V second eldorado and 1236x2 comparable.The F75 hit pretty good but took it down to a mid tone.So the first trip out was a few days later with a couple buddies @ an old worn out fairgrounds.We decided to have a little bet on who ever gets the most silver and gold wins a soda pop LOL...We hunted for 3 hours or so in the late afternoon and called it a day.Well hunting against a couple vets armed with At pro and Whites V3i i wasn't sure how the outcome was going to be.Guess what...I one...got 2 silvers and gold chain..What luck!!It was fun as it always is.Next I tried it out in a plowed field where i have already been a few times with the F75..Well I got a barber dime,3 wheat's and 1 Indian...I think thats pretty darn good...now I may like my V over the cortes when hunting fields but I havent given the cortes a real shot compared to the V in fields..I prefer my tesoros in iron infested sites over any machine so far that I have owned..So Iv'e only been out a few times with the cortes since I took it to the field.Ive been working it in my hometown old fairgrounds when i get a chance and have pulled some deep indians...Which i have been there many many times over the years with alot of machines.Trying to find one that can hunt old deep coins.And I may have found it...So far I love it....I did put a mod on the cortes which was a mom trigger switch just like on the tejon...Works great!....And I would like to see a bigger bar graph on it...But there is no perfect machine out there that i know of....So i wonder.....Is this Cortes just a HOT one or do they all perform this way as far as depth....Now talking to Tesoro according to them the V should go deeper.Because of ground balance.I'm sure it will it some cases.But very close in depth...I feel the cortes has an edge on the V compared to in hunting deep coins..The 5 3/4" coil has very good depth also..just the H.O.T technology Vaquero.... You did good on this one Tesoro:thumbup:....

Thanks Foxhunter for the evaluation I almost purchased the Cortes and I got a great deal on the golden umax, keep us posted on your finds, HH tigerhank68

Great review Fox, thank you. I tried a Cortes that my father bought new and it did ok by me; I can't say I fell in love with it but it did fine. I now have a Deleon and I believe I prefer it for the slightly larger display and simplicity. I do miss that back light though! My Deleon is not as deep as the M6 I used to have, but in fairness I must confess I think the internal gb on the Deleon may be off and the Whites was auto GB with tracking and a bit more expensive. Oh yea, it was heavy too!!!

I recently bought a Used Cortes from a member here and got it a week ago exactly. I have put my other two MDs away until I learn the Cortes the best I can! I am Loving the Cortes and it seems like it's going to be pretty easy to learn and understand! Several months ago I bought a used Deleon from another forum, I liked it so much I bought the Cortes for the few extra functions and conveniences it has over the Deleon. At 57 years old I wear Bifocals and right now they are close to a year beyond replacement time, I have no trouble at all with the screen of the Cortes at all! Many users do? As far as depth goes? I have dug several coins between 5 and 6 inches deep, and have passed on digging Targets reading as beyond 6 inches, and the Cortes was still reading solid, loud, and clear! I'm in a great search area right now for digging deep and compiling target depth find Info on my Cortes, I should
re- search an area I have done, digging the deepest targets I find, to compile some depth info! Then I can go over the area again with my CZ70, and see what I am missing? It might be interesting just to know for sure... GL & HH......Pat