Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Indian Head

SilverAddiction

It was a cold morning but I had the itch to hunt? Headed to an old park not expecting much because I know the president of the local club lives just up the road. I did find a no date buffalo nickel ther last week so I thought I would give it a try. I was ther for less than 15 minutes and popped out my very first IH. It's a 1906 and in pretty good shape but had a layer of corrosion. It's soaking in olive oil now so no picture. Also got two wheaties both corroded so bad I couldn't get a date, one may be a 1945 but not to sure. I also found a cool set of wings with "Flying Cadet" on it. Will post pics after they have all soaked in olive oil a few days. It was a good day!

I Remember My First Indian, I Did Not Know What It Was LOL

My Husband Jerked the Car Into A Screeching Stop And Looked At It

WHOOHOO

A Great Memory

Major Congrats and Many More

I put a huge gash on the back of my first Indian, but it was such a rush. Congrats on your first one. I'm sure you'll be finding more. :clapping:

Congrats on your first Indian..

Congrats on your first Injun - I remember my first one as well - in front of an old one room schoolhouse.

Thanks everyone! It was defiantly a good memory.

Congrats! Do you recall how it rang in? (#s?)

I don't remember before digging, but in an air test it rings up 12:35 bouncing to 11:35 at times

chuckciao said:
I remember my long wait for my first indian. Frankly, I think it's one of our most distinctive coins! Congrats.

Do you suppose that to be true because they ring similar to a zinc penny and so many don't like to dig zinc penny tones?

SilverAddiction said:
chuckciao said:
I remember my long wait for my first indian. Frankly, I think it's one of our most distinctive coins! Congrats.

Do you suppose that to be true because they ring similar to a zinc penny and so many don't like to dig zinc penny tones?

What you say is true but I was really referring to its distinctive appearance, especially on one with an excellent patina where the Indian Head really stands out!

Contrary to a lot of people, an Injun was one of the first older coins I found with my Garrett years ago. But since then, haven't found a whole heck of a lot....maybe 6 or 7..

I don't remember my first indian been detecting to long 45 years but I sure got a bunch of them , anyhow congrats on your first and many more to follow . sube

I remember mine and the few others I have found. They are one of my favorite coins to find. There is just something about them.

Congrats and hope you find many more.