Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First look at the Big Dawg

Larry (IL)

I just got mine today and did some preliminary target ID tests with it and that is all I have done. I will be doing far more extensive testing when I have the time but so far I am pretty impressed with the quality and I think it will fill the vacancy left by the Bigfoot.

If you are thinking on getting one for the V series, plan on using it in 7.5 kHz frequency only where it ID'd coins correctly (including nickles) on the upper and lower halves with no double beeps and it pinpoints just like the Bigfoot, upper half active. All other modes, there are problems, but again, they do NOT say that it is for the V series. More to come later.

Larry post a picture of this coil and where did you get it at. I tryed my Bigfoot coil on my v3i in the 7.5 but wouldn't ID the coin right. Would like to get some more info on this coil. Thanks

For now Tim, just google "Big Dawg coil" and you will have all of the information available on the coil from many sources. I am reluctant to post a link until the manufacture is associated with one of our sponsors or becomes a sponsor here. The Big Dawg looks just like a black Bigfoot and is a bit longer, 3X20. It appears to be a copy of the Bigfoot and from what I have done with it so far, it seems to perform like the Bigfoot as well.

For those not familiar with the Bigfoot/Big Dawg coil, it is a aftermarket coil used as a clad vacuum, as I would call it. You can cover a lot of ground quickly with limited depth, up to 6 inches or more if you go slowly, but I don't go slow with it. Remember, you are covering a lot of ground quickly picking up fairly recent drops like clad and rings. The ideal use would be sports fields and beaches.

Keep in mind that the Big Dawg is not designed for the V series, but can be made to work in the 7.5 single frequency. This coil was made for the White's E series of detectors.

I can not count how many Rings I found with my Big Foot coil, working The sports fields...... thanks for the up date.

What's the weight on this coil, as say compared to the 10DD. Lil heavier,somewhat heavier, lot heavier? I have my limitations.

The D2 weighs 14.1 Oz w/o cover

Bigfoot 14.5 Oz w/o cover

Big Dawg 15.5 w/o cover

I might add that the Big Dawg is 20 inches long compared to the Bigfoot 18inches. Both are three inches wide.

While I was weighing I got these:

New 950 w/o cover 17.8 Oz

SEF 10X12 w/o cover 20.3 Oz

[attachment 220277 b3.jpg]

Thanks for the info. I believe I can swing it ,just for shorter time.The clad competion round here is intense.

I got one of these for a friend who wanted a bigfoot and could not find one for a reasonable price. I had and opportunity to try it out and was not really that impressed with it.
Hard to seperate targets and lots of false signals, I will stick with my Bigfoot and hope that someday they will figure out how to make those again, but the Big Dawg is not a replacement
for the Bigfoot, its an attemt to fill the shoes, and it leaves a lot to be desired.
Maybe with some more research, they can perfect it.

hey larry...how are you liking your big dawg coil? im thinking of getting one just for the beach and parks for my vx3.. i dont mind running 7.5 freq if it can get the top 5 inches of goodies. thanks for any info..

I haven't had a chance to use it yet other than testing indoors. The ground is frozen here and will be for a couple of months yet. I'm sure it will get the 5 inches easy as long as you are not hunting black sand. Good luck.

SPOKE WITH THE BIG DAWG COIL STAFF AND THEY WERE VERY HELPFUL AND I AM EXCITED ABOUT GETTING THEIR COIL. I BELONG TO 3 NORTH CALIF CLUBS AND THE TALK IS GREAT ABOUT THIS COIL.

Hmm, one good report and one not impressed.

OK.... So what's the latest on the Big Dawg coil?

I haven't had much of a chance to use it yet this year but Nancy used it with her MXT and complained to was too noisy for her and had a hard time hearing targets past 3 inches. I did not qualify if it was EMI or poor coil design. She put the Bigfoot back on the MXT and all was well again so suspect something more than EMI. Maybe I can work on that this weekend.

I have a Bigfoot for my Eagle Spectrum, Man it is a rake, great for those tot lots, sweep them in no time.

The Bigfoot works well with the V series in 7.5 and even in 2.5 single frequency but some strange things happen in 22.5 and three frequency. I seriously doubt if we will see anything like the Bigfoot for the V series in three frequency.