Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Metal Detector - Advice wanted

Minelab X-terra Pro from Cabela’s… can’t go wrong at that price and pretty solid detector… for a little more money you could get a Legend Pro, it’s comes with wireless headphones …depends on how much you want to invest…I think I would get the Legend… it stay right up there with the expensive machines… Take it easy!!!

Last edited:
Hello. I am recently retired and was thinking of getting my wife and I a metal detector for Christmas.
We’ve had a couple in the past that were very basic. Which one would be a good investment?
Thanks
mascard1 - " Minelab X-terra Pro from Cabela’s… " I can agree 100%.... Easy enough to learn... Super light weight.... Not A million dollars to buy in... If you and your Bride decide it's not for you later on... Easy enough to sell... All around... It's a Dynamite Little detector...

Last edited:
Hello Paul C. Welcome aboard.
mascard1 and thepest named it, at that price you cann't go wrong with the Minelab X-Terra Pro. Great deal, brandnew and versatile.
All the Best to you and your wife & Have Fun... and remind - Spending time together IS the Greatest Treasure you can get on this planet.😉😊

Which one would be a good investment?
If the investment is the things you find, any of the above and dozens of used ones also, will work. If the investment includes the resale value, there are very few that will work. It is hard to make recommendations without more information about what you want to find, can afford, and the conditions you will hunt in. If you like simple, inexpensive, and deep, I would go with Muddy Mo's recommendation, one of the Vanquish models, especially if you want deep and stable VIDs. Welcome to the forum and best of luck finding what you and your wife want.

Its like buying a vehicle…. You could buy a Yugo and it will get you around or you could get a better Chev/Ford/Dodge and get around a lot more comfortable and for a longer time.

How do you double the resale value of a Yugo? Put $10 gas in it first…..🙄

Its like buying a vehicle…. You could buy a Yugo and it will get you around or you could get a better Chev/Ford/Dodge and get around a lot more comfortable and for a longer time.

How do you double the resale value of a Yugo? Put $10 gas in it first…..🙄
yugo.jpg

Many great recommendations from the posters above. I will add that if you plan on hunting on salt beaches then you should highly consider a multifrequency detector that is also fully submersible.

Many great recommendations from the posters above. I will add that if you plan on hunting on salt beaches then you should highly consider a multifrequency detector that is also fully submersible.
Like the Legend.

Reactions: PDH