Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

first month Etrac update.....

sunraysux

...so as many of you know, i am a former White's guy....who wanted more so i got an Etrac based on youtube and tons of testimonials online and such...was overwhelmed initially...very frustrated and vented regularly here the first 2 weeks of ownership
still am a bit frustrated and perplexed by this quirky machine....she is powerful, no doubt
and yet i haven't pulled any deeper coins....one 7 inch deep 1849 largie in FINE condition
everything else has been 4-6 inches so i have been a tad upset with not getting older//deeper silver yet
despite having been to numerous private places of great age that have not been killed by hunters yet//before
i have nailed one nice 1913-O barber dime to date yet she was only 2 inches on her edge...so the guy who cleaned out that church clearly missed her because the rest of the yard was picked clean and should have been loaded frankly
i am slowly getting a better handle on this machine and her subtleties and nuances; i was defaulting to a six inch coil because the 11 inch stock coil was blowing me away with all the targets it was cramming into on symphony of electronic funk in my head....
but i am now back to the 11 incher regularly now and have learned to understand to a degree what language she is speaking...
so i set a goal of 10 silvers for my first 30 days of ownership....and with last night's FIRST for me(multi silver spill hole), i have exceeded that goal with 12 silvers in my first 30 days....not terrible// i am reasonably pleased given how things started
i want to thank those that offered advice and counsel....and preached patience; it may pay off yet!
that initial silver spill was 2 WASH quarters(36 and 41) retrieved with a 1947 Wheatie....after work and in the dark last night!! haha
so i went home happy...wish i could upload pics for you guys but it keeps rejecting the damn things.......

I have to say I got an Etrac in aug and have logged hundreds of hours on mine and I go mostly by sound except for the low tones
because gold can be all over the place with numbers depending on weight of rings..
But my finds have been very impressive for a newbie..
Just keep at it you will find a lot of silver I have but I hunt a lot of older beach houses in the "off season"

You're doing awesome. We all have to realize that silver isn't getting replenished,so what's out there are basically the "scraps" from decades of previous detecting. To have a machine that will pick stuff out of difficult situations is key,and you have one. As some have said before,there will eventually a light bulb that goes on one day,and you will GET IT. It takes many hours of swinging to get to that point and you are well on your way.
Congratulations on the success so far!

thanks IDX....the bulb is flickering:|
you're right...there is a finite amount of silver out there
the gold does get restocked to a small degree
i guess thats my sense of urgency about getting sort of skunked at sites i really thought would pay off
but i am happy about the first 4 weeks hunts.....especially since i was away on business for 10 days of that period
i think i will have a heart attack if i ever see a barber quarter of half in a hole

It is a fun machine. I dont find the weight too bad. Still making adjustments. You have any fav programs. I sue the relic program. TTF.

It took me about 2 season to get the hang of the E-trac. I run my own version of a custom screen based on everybody programs motified to what I want to find. For a new user I recommend U just use the Coin program and go from there. It finds coins just on its program. Also, use auto +3. Trying to run manual at first will make the machine go crazy.I prefer auto. Dig all signals that have CO readings of 11-15 and 30+. If U want to go deep get an NEL Tornado Coil. THe Thunder coil is great also but the Tornado is a proven coil. Look at videos and see what is being used by say people on the Hoover boys etc. Yo will see a lot of NEL tornado on the end of a lot of different machines. Get the etracem program emulator and practice with setting on different types of coins. I use a US coin program on that to get my perfect coin program set up. If U want a good program send me a PM and i will send you the program I set up to find coins and gold. Just some ideas

Example of NEL Thunder depth. Look at my post below link of a 1875 dime at 8 inches down. They are hard to find any any depth and at 8 inches almost impossible with the stock 11 coil.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,2357157

nalc472 said:
It took me about 2 season to get the hang of the E-trac. I run my own version of a custom screen based on everybody programs motified to what I want to find. For a new user I recommend U just use the Coin program and go from there. It finds coins just on its program. Also, use auto +3. Trying to run manual at first will make the machine go crazy.I prefer auto. Dig all signals that have CO readings of 11-15 and 30+. If U want to go deep get an NEL Tornado Coil. THe Thunder coil is great also but the Tornado is a proven coil. Look at videos and see what is being used by say people on the Hoover boys etc. Yo will see a lot of NEL tornado on the end of a lot of different machines. Get the etracem program emulator and practice with setting on different types of coins. I use a US coin program on that to get my perfect coin program set up. If U want a good program send me a PM and i will send you the program I set up to find coins and gold. Just some ideas

Example of NEL Thunder depth. Look at my post below link of a 1875 dime at 8 inches down. They are hard to find any any depth and at 8 inches almost impossible with the stock 11 coil.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,2357157

Good post!

happy sunday NALC....i saw your seated post when you posted it a week or so ago...awesome find
thank you very much for the time to add your thoughts and experience replying to my post
actually got my first Etrac SLQ yesterday at 4 inches!!..lol
no date and worn but what a freaking high to flip the plug and have that gorgeous eagle staring back at me!! YES!
so i am getting the chores done now and will be out to search two 1890 homes i have permission on....and a huge church also
cannot get them all today but will peck at them this week as weather and work allows
they have been hit before 4 years ago but i know there is other goodies there for the taking and the work!!
you are extremely gracious to offer me the copy of your program//super nice of you:please:
my email is dhmkcco@gmail.com
is the emulator on the disc that came with the Etrac??....it is titled ETRAC EXCHANGE
thanks again NALC....off to work and then play!

Looks like this. If u need the file or how to use it let me know. I use this to make a custom screen then run all the US coins with this and can tell if it is accepting or rejecting targets I want to find. send me a PM with your email and I will send to the file with US coins already loaded.

sunraysux said:
...so as many of you know, i am a former White's guy....who wanted more so i got an Etrac based on youtube and tons of testimonials online and such...was overwhelmed initially...very frustrated and vented regularly here the first 2 weeks of ownership
still am a bit frustrated and perplexed by this quirky machine....she is powerful, no doubt
and yet i haven't pulled any deeper coins....one 7 inch deep 1849 largie in FINE condition
everything else has been 4-6 inches so i have been a tad upset with not getting older//deeper silver yet
despite having been to numerous private places of great age that have not been killed by hunters yet//before
i have nailed one nice 1913-O barber dime to date yet she was only 2 inches on her edge...so the guy who cleaned out that church clearly missed her because the rest of the yard was picked clean and should have been loaded frankly
i am slowly getting a better handle on this machine and her subtleties and nuances; i was defaulting to a six inch coil because the 11 inch stock coil was blowing me away with all the targets it was cramming into on symphony of electronic funk in my head....
but i am now back to the 11 incher regularly now and have learned to understand to a degree what language she is speaking...
so i set a goal of 10 silvers for my first 30 days of ownership....and with last night's FIRST for me(multi silver spill hole), i have exceeded that goal with 12 silvers in my first 30 days....not terrible// i am reasonably pleased given how things started
i want to thank those that offered advice and counsel....and preached patience; it may pay off yet!
that initial silver spill was 2 WASH quarters(36 and 41) retrieved with a 1947 Wheatie....after work and in the dark last night!! haha
so i went home happy...wish i could upload pics for you guys but it keeps rejecting the damn things.......
I email the photos to my iphone resize it to smallest fomat before you email it then it will upload thats with an iphone

sunraysux said:
....well lets see if that works Mkus!
here are some of the aforementioned coins from my original post......

Love that largie.

sunraysux said:
DISCO!!!!!!!
.....it worked!!....thanks for the tip Mkus!
Your welcome took me a little bit to figure it out it works though lol!
Nice finds

Two of my good finds this year..

yikes!...is that a gold coin??
i still can't figure out what you do up there in Ct!?!?
you just go to beach communities on the sound and hit houses that are vacant until Memorial day??
do you go commando...or with permissions?

Lol yep gold half eagle found at a public beach area I tend to hit the areas between the houses paking Spots
Not front lawns unless I get permission but I look for town owned parking areas I found one across from a private church!
Got a bunch of silver out of that one last week.
Grassy parking areas are one of my best hunting areas...
That gold coin made tresure magazine find of the yeàar in the gold coin entries!
Its my first year hunting 8 months with my Etrac not to bad.

ummmm YES!...not too bad would be the understatement of the year
woww...thats crazy awesome
what was it valued at??
wish we had grass parking spots near me

Thanks,It was in treasure magazine 50th anniversary edition last month
Its worth $400.00 my etrac has paid for itself lol