Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

first nugget for 2013 :detecting:

wltdwiz

took my f75 & the 3 x 6 coil for a little walk yesterday & got this really small nugget :thumbup:
only an inch or 2 deep it gave me a small zip
thats a computor screw in the photo
ran in all metals
thats 1 gotta go find more
good hunting all
[attachment 255978 firstnugget2013b.JPG]

Hi wltdwiz... nice find!! I don't know how big a computer screw might be. Have you weighed the nugget? Thanks,

Jim.

snowman
it wount even set off an electronic scale
the nugget is tiny mabie 2 tenth of a grain

jim
yes ive used the 10 inch concentric on my f 70 & found nuggets with it , ive also found nuggets with the dd
im looking for a 10 inch concentric for my f75

sweet!!!!!!!! great job finding that small of a nugget with a detector.. congrats

Hi Walt... the 10" elliptical concentric I referred to above is the same coil as the 10" elliptical concentric for the F70. One in the same coil. Or are you thinking about something else?

The 10" elliptical concentric markedly improves sensitivity to small stuff over the stock 11" DD. I have a "not very flat" half-grain nugget buried out in the patio at a half-inch depth that it will see. It's not much of a signal, but you definitely know there's something tiny under the coil. When prospecting recently I was pleased to see that coil respond to tiny silver bits that were sometimes difficult to spot in my hand. Thanks...

Jim.

a computer screw is about a 3/32 tread or so.....maybe a bit igger but not much......so that chipis like 1/16 to 3/32 long at most I think.
Still a nice find they all add up.