Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First outing for 2012, things are looking up this year.

hodr

Even though there was virtually no snow this winter, I really never got the chance to get out and detect. Spurred on by a friends recent acquisition of the 12" SEF (on a V3i), and his bragging about finding several war nickels in a well hunted park, I decided to give the place another look.

It looked like a minefield, with filled in holes scattered everywhere. Even so, Hi-Pro and the D2 managed to nab me a '52 Quarter, a '25 Merc dime, a good sized sterling St. Christopher medal, a childs sized sterling St. Mary ring, and a tiny little copper St. Mary medal. Also found 7 wheaties. Total time spent was about 2.5 hours.

Almost all of the targets (except for the tiny St. Mary medal and the Quarter) were found deeper than 6 inches. Most were 8 or 9 inches down. Also, I found zero clad coins today.

-Hodr

IMG_20120302_143750-1.jpg

*Sorry about the low image quality, its a phone pic that I texted myself, so it compressed the heck out of it.

Great start to the year.

Excellent hunt!

Makes me want to go out and hit my hunted out parks right now.

That is a very good 2 1/2 hour hunt.......:clapping:

That is a treasure trove of a park, the trash has saved the goodies. It can be tough going with the countless beeps, but it almost always pays off, it sure did for you.:cheers:

Great hunt! I would be covering that place daily.
Question,...what's up with the park looking like a land mine field? Is someone not filling holes properly?

magic said:
Question,...what's up with the park looking like a land mine field? Is someone not filling holes properly?

I believe it's a combination of the area being a bit soggy after recent rains, the finds being kind of deep, and several other detectorists hitting the place quite often. At least one of them is known to dig oversized holes and not fill them properly (he puts the dirt / plug back in the hole, but doesn't step on it or try to make it look good). It's one of the oldest parks in the area, and was a church yard and school long before that, so over the years the place has seen 10s if not 100s of detectorists.

-Hodr