Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First outing, semi key date Barber.

I had my first outing with my new XP Deus on Friday and managed a couple of keepers. I decided to return to my infamous picnic grove and work an area that is littered with iron. It is also an area where I've recoverd some of the oldest coins with the CTX and Etrac. To be honest I was not expecting much but I did manage a couple of great finds. The first coin and silver with the Deus was a 1901-S Barber dime, a semi key date. I would grade it VG-10 and the Coin World app puts a value of $175 on it at VG-8. The second coin was an 1866 Indian, which is pretty toasted, Coin World puts a value of $50 on it in G condition. Not a bad start with a new machine. The medallion is not silver, but a cool find. The thing with the two balls on it is brass and about a 1/2 in long. Any ideas on what it is? I was thinking button or cuff link, not sure.
It is too early to give an honest review of the Deus but so far I like the potential of this detector. It defiantly is light and I find it fairly easy to use after reading Andy Sabisch's new XP Deus handbook. It will be a week or two until my next outing due to another heat wave coming our way and the ground is like conrete around here.

4d42e794fcecb2af21dcdadf3afd6152_zps67244b12.jpg

19806596440f9e03fc6510d70a919fe3_zps3aec96ef.jpg

bcb76820658b6ab77c033223e1b8737a_zpsd865cf1b.jpg

9af596c329163e232e3bf4cc5dfb8645_zps88bf9a8c.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1gxabF6qY8&sns=em

Looks like you are off to a good start. Wait until you start pulling those good targets with iron or trash in the same hole. The Deus has amazed me at times.

Nice video and posting, thank you. I am considering the Deus, so I found this very helpful. Congrats on your finds