Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

first park hunt.

shoover

This is not my machine but a members of a FB group I belong to. sorry cant answer your questions. Im sure if you ask questions on the You tube site he will reply. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbFRzK50C0w

Nice to see some real world action. Can't wait to see some field hunts for colonial with it.

Seems from the video its fairly easy to tell a good target from a bad one. Of course in different hunting types that could change but it appears coin targets are more stable within a few numbers

Looks good, he switched to all metal for a few moments for us to hear all-metal (ferrous). Ferrous audio sounds great, I've always hunted in all metal with FBS glad the Equinox has this feature.

Good informative video, people here on this forum are being respectful with the person who made the video. And not pointing out what we would have done different, good job!

Paul

Great to see some vids start to emerge.

Kind of refreshing not to see a bunch of slamming. As more vids show up, we'll all continue to learn more. HH jim tn

jim tn said:
Kind of refreshing not to see a bunch of slamming. As more vids show up, we'll all continue to learn more. HH jim tn

Amen! Just like any other machine it’ll have a learning curve. Once through that we will see the good bad and ugly. AGAIN...to get reliable,reproducible results the basics of detecting must be employed. Also testing against other models on undug targets will be nice to see,although it takes time... but is really the only way to see what the EQ will find where others won’t.
Obviously the biggest buzz in detectors in a long time,maybe ever.

Probably the best video on the Equinox I've seen so far, BUT.

We all have those sites that have given up some really good stuff and has been hunted to the point it no longer is given up the goods. I'd really like to see how the Equinox fairs in such a site.

I have one were I know without a doubt there are old coins there, but it has been hunted tot eh limits of the E-Trac/CTX/Deus you name it. I know the coins are there and would love to see if the Equinox with the new Multi-IQ can make the difference. How about someone hunt one of these sites and video the results?

Thanks

[size=large]Hi Paul,
I too like to detect in all metal as I like to hear what all is going on below the coil.
I am curious though if there is going to be a work-around to eliminate the digging of the dreaded bottle caps?

Also, I'd like to know if the faster one sets the recovery rate if this will also affect the depth of the detector such as increasing Reactivity does on my Deus does.

Tony[/size]

Hey Paul what do you think about the 800 as a beach unit here on the coast? Light weight and better than anything I currently have for salt water beaches. How you been doing buddy?

El

Hello El,

Doing well still detect but mostly nearby, dug a ball button last night and eye balled two Indian beads off the old Fremont/Kit Carson trail here near my home.

Great news, have an Equinox ordered we'll need to meet and carpool to the ocean. See how it handles our West Coast wet sand.

Then, if time allows maybe hit button hill after the ocean beach hunt.

Good to hear from you my friend, we'll get together soon :thumbup:

See you El!
Paul

Hello Tony,

Yes, Faster recovery speed decreases depth under most conditions. However, under some conditions it'll increase depth. Such as tougher mineralization, or extreanmy trashy areas especially laced with iron.

Masking, robs away depth. You'll see this more with Goldfield program on the Deus, too much ground noise is eliminated with increasing reactivity. If you don't increase reactivity when needed, you'll loose depth due to poor stabitily.

Reactivity is a great feature, know when to increase or when to decrease.

Good to hear from you Tony!
Paul

Old California said:
Hello Tony,

Yes, Faster recovery speed decreases depth under most conditions. However, under some conditions it'll increase depth. Such as tougher mineralization, or extreanmy trashy areas especially laced with iron.

Masking, robs away depth. You'll see this more with Goldfield program on the Deus, too much ground noise is eliminated with increasing reactivity. If you don't increase reactivity when needed, you'll loose depth due to poor stabitily.

Reactivity is a great feature, know when to increase or when to decrease.

Good to hear from you Tony!
Paul
[size=large]I never thought about using the Goldfield program. I wonder if it would
be good to use in medium sandy soil here in Michigan in a yard with
a lot of old iron square cut nails?
[/size]

RichW said:
Not at all like the CTX on the numbers. 25 on a clad dime vs. 42 on the CTX.

Yes,this would bother me. Not a huge deal to overcome,just different.

I believe it will be just like firing up the CTX for the first time and learning its tones and TID. It will be different as it is not a CTX it is the Equinox.

For your information, if you use a shovel in a park in Wisconsin you will be arrested. Frankly, I don't understand why so many metal detectorists are endangering our wonderful hobby by using shovels in parks and other manicured lawn areas. If this practice continues our hobby will be outlawed in all public areas. Please--buy some knee pads, get down on your knees, cut a small, hinged plug, and pray that our hobby will be allowed to continue to use our wonderful public parks!!