Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First piece of gold with the 900!

fwcrawford

I went to an old house to detect this morning, but that was not productive, so I left there and stopped by an old school on the way home that is now a community center.
Not much in the way of coins there either, but I did score a decent 14k wedding band.
I have been using my 800 for over 3 years now and have found plenty of nickels, but no gold yet.
For those interested, it read 28/29/30 on the 900 and on my 800, it reads 13/14.
Thanks for looking!
IMG_0555.JPG

I went to an old house to detect this morning, but that was not productive, so I left there and stopped by an old school on the way home that is now a community center.
Not much in the way of coins there either, but I did score a decent 14k wedding band.
I have been using my 800 for over 3 years now and have found plenty of nickels, but no gold yet.
For those interested, it read 28/29/30 on the 900 and on my 800, it reads 13/14.
Thanks for looking!
View attachment 41043
Congrats on your first gold with the 900. And on the other finds as well. I have yet to unearth any gold but have found enough goodies to realize how good this detector is. With the 800 it would hit the mid-tones hard,l11-12-13 but the 900 clobbers the mid-tones. Even if the #s jump a little if there is a 26-27 in there most likely a nickel. I've had Buff's drop to 23 and war nickels at 28-29. I have bin 2 set at 23 to 29, keep tone pitch at default but volume at 25. Bin 1 vol. at 2 and 3 at 18. This way those md-tones are like your wife tugging on your arm when she see's something she wants. Ha ha. Anyway nice find and good luck. Mark

Congrats on your first gold with the 900. And on the other finds as well. I have yet to unearth any gold but have found enough goodies to realize how good this detector is. With the 800 it would hit the mid-tones hard,l11-12-13 but the 900 clobbers the mid-tones. Even if the #s jump a little if there is a 26-27 in there most likely a nickel. I've had Buff's drop to 23 and war nickels at 28-29. I have bin 2 set at 23 to 29, keep tone pitch at default but volume at 25. Bin 1 vol. at 2 and 3 at 18. This way those md-tones are like your wife tugging on your arm when she see's something she wants. Ha ha. Anyway nice find and good luck. Mark
I have found quite few war nickles with my 800 and have had them read like a regular nickel at 12/13, but also 14, 18, and 22/23.

Thanks for looking!
View attachment 41043
GOLD is always a welcome..!! If you can find the Ford car with those keys, you can Double your profits.. 💰💰💰