Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Ring 2015 Real or Not?

slider66

I hit the beach today at 630 am it was a little chilly at 46 degrees but worth the trip I hope. I went early thinking I could recover a phone that I found but the tide was in to much and I was getting pounded by the waves. I will be heading back tonight at low tide. I know there is a phone there because I mistook a set of ear plugs for a surfers ankle strap and pulled it out of the wet sand. My scoop is to small to grab the phone before the hole fills back up with sand from the waves. So I will get it tonight at low tide. Mean while I tried a little dry sand action with my Excal II and got my first ring of 2015.I can't find a stamp. The ring is well made and I wonder if this is real. I sure hope it is!! Thanks for looking.

You can get a nice acid kit off the auction site cheap. A good diamond tester is some $$'s. See you local jeweler meanwhile for his opinion and get back to us.
Really nice ring!
HH - Bruce

It sure is a pretty one... those rings with that mirror finish usually arent gold but it certainty has potential. ... congrats..

Like Bruce mentioned, in this hobby, it's always good to have an acid testing kit. You can pick a very affordable kit from EBay and they last a long time. Also, it's good to invest in a diamond tester. There are inexpensive ones that are fairly reliable and if you have the $$$$ you can get some good quality professional tester's off EBay as well. I need to upgrade to a quality tester myself. Your ring looks good in the pic and it will be interesting to see how it tests!:thumbup: