Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First seated with the E-Trac

Phil

Got permission to hunt an old home down the road from me that hasn't been lived in for 50yrs. The lady that watches it told me a couple of guys went back and detected there a couple of hours just a few days ago. Told her I'd detect there anyway. Drove back to the house and could see all the brown spots in the small yard from the other hunters. I only got one hit the hour I was there but it was sweet and at the bottom of the depth meter. Wish I knew who the guys were so I could thank them for leaving me something.lol

77obv.jpg

77rev.jpg

Nice find Phil !

If you want to clean it up and remove the black sulphur (tarnish stains) what you can do is take some water in a pot. Add about a teaspoon of salt, a tablespoon of baking soda. Start heating the water and make a U shape sling out of tin foil. Put the dime in the bottom of the U and drop it in the water allowing it to boil for about 5 minutes.

The tarnish will be totally gone, with no scratches on the coin. All the sulphur will be transferred to the tin foil. This way of cleaning is totally safe and will not detract from the value of the coin. It will bring out the grain of the silver and you could not tell the coin was cleaned. After wards, drop the dime in a small amount of lemon juice and allow it to sit for just a minute or two. That will prevent the silver from tarnishing again.

This method only works on silver but it does work really well.

I learned this from a professional coin restorer.

Phil,

What a great looking coin! Congrats on your first. I only hope my first seated will look half that good. Again, great job!

HH,

Bruce

B-Ruce said:
Phil,

What a great looking coin! Congrats on your first. I only hope my first seated will look half that good. Again, great job!

HH,

Bruce

Not my first seated coin, just the first seated with my E-Trac. Thanks though, seated silver is rare for me.

Steve from Ohio said:
Nice find Phil !

If you want to clean it up and remove the black sulphur (tarnish stains) what you can do is take some water in a pot. Add about a teaspoon of salt, a tablespoon of baking soda. Start heating the water and make a U shape sling out of tin foil. Put the dime in the bottom of the U and drop it in the water allowing it to boil for about 5 minutes.

The tarnish will be totally gone, with no scratches on the coin. All the sulphur will be transferred to the tin foil. This way of cleaning is totally safe and will not detract from the value of the coin. It will bring out the grain of the silver and you could not tell the coin was cleaned. After wards, drop the dime in a small amount of lemon juice and allow it to sit for just a minute or two. That will prevent the silver from tarnishing again.

This method only works on silver but it does work really well.

I learned this from a professional coin restorer.

thanks for the tip Steve. I'll have to try it.

n/t

WOW _ That sure is a super sharp coin!!!! BIGTIME CONGRATS!!!!!

Very Nice.... Also great tip on cleaning the coin.

Phil great find in a hunted spot!!

Steve thanks for the tip as well.

HH